Woodstock Community

strmchsr77

John Nock and the Broyles family are teaming up for another New Urbanism community in west Fayetteville. This project will sit just off of Wedington. This is just one of about 5 N.U. projects going up in this booming area.

This development will contain 192 condos, 99 townhomes, 62 detached SF, and approx 86,000 sq ft of commercial. Some of the commercial buildings will also have 1 bed apartments on the 2nd and 3rd levels. They are planning multiple restaurants, grocery stores, shops, and banks. They are billing this as somewhere that you could live without ever leaving the development. Sounds like another impressive development for the city.

Here is more information from the Arkansas Business Journal: Woodstock Community

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does sound like the overall theme that seems to be popping up in Fayetteville a lot. I've also been wondering it seems we hear a lot more about these housing developments here in Fayetteville. I don't know if it's because I live down here but it just seems like I don't hear as much about particular housing developments in other parts of the metro. But like I said maybe it's just because I live down here and more likely to hear about the ones down here.

I like it. It just continues to show me why John Nock is a helluva lot more progressive in his thinking than Brandon Barber, folks. This is the kind of quality development that will make us a good place to live and be vs. bad suburban subdivision sprawl and ugly, Dallaseque buildings plopped down where they look out of context.

Thanks Mason's Dad for the info. Those renderings are extremely impressive. It seems like this development will actually have some affordable living spaces. I am however concerned by the number of New Urbanism developments just in west Fayetteville. I am a fan of this style but how many can be supported within a short amount of time. There is Wellspring Community, Rupple Row, Westside Village, Mountain Ranch (over 1000 acre development), and Woodstock all along or near Wedington. Then Park West in NW Fayetteville and Southpass (over 800 acre development) in SW Fay. There projects are just ones that are using some or all of the principles of NU. There are dozens more that are just normal subdivisions. Although I can't wait to see these developments under construction.

True, many of these are being done in phases. Of course the renderings show what it will look like when it's finally complete. But it might take a while before it gets there. Still I'm happy that developers are looking more into this type of stuff instead of the more general cookie cutter suburban housing developments.

Thanks Mason's Dad for the info. Those renderings are extremely impressive. It seems like this development will actually have some affordable living spaces. I am however concerned by the number of New Urbanism developments just in west Fayetteville. I am a fan of this style but how many can be supported within a short amount of time. There is Wellspring Community, Rupple Row, Westside Village, Mountain Ranch (over 1000 acre development), and Woodstock all along or near Wedington. Then Park West in NW Fayetteville and Southpass (over 800 acre development) in SW Fay. There projects are just ones that are using some or all of the principles of NU. There are dozens more that are just normal subdivisions. Although I can't wait to see these developments under construction.

Archived