• Cingular
    • Sprint/Nextel
    • T-Mobile
    • Verizon Wireless
    • Other

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I lived out there, I had SunCom tdma. Loved the reception and customer service. Moved out to CA and had to transfer to ATT Wireless (now Cingular). They tricked me into a new contract. Claimed my SunCom plan wouldn't transfer. Signal detoriated so that it matched their horrible customer service. When I complained, they told me that they were switching to GSM and that's why tdma was spotty. When I asked if I could get a free phone considering I had been a SunCom/ATT customer for over 2 years, they laughed and offered me the junkiest phone they had with no discount. Had to pay full price unless I signed another 2-year agreement. They wouldn't release me from my contract, although my SunCom would've expired several months earlier. So I dropped to their $20 plan and after testing T-Mobile and Verizon, I went with Verizon. I didn't touch Sprint because they didn't have a 2-week trial at the time and I had a month-long fight with them over landline service back in college. As for VZW, no complaints what-so-ever thus far (3 years now). Reception is good wherever I go including anywhere I've gone in HR. I don't care that I pay more with Verizon than I would with another company, b/c I am very happy with the reception, overall service, customer service, and phones.

When I lived out there, I had SunCom tdma. Loved the reception and customer service. Moved out to CA and had to transfer to ATT Wireless (now Cingular). They tricked me into a new contract. Claimed my SunCom plan wouldn't transfer. Signal detoriated so that it matched their horrible customer service. When I complained, they told me that they were switching to GSM and that's why tdma was spotty. When I asked if I could get a free phone considering I had been a SunCom/ATT customer for over 2 years, they laughed and offered me the junkiest phone they had with no discount. Had to pay full price unless I signed another 2-year agreement. They wouldn't release me from my contract, although my SunCom would've expired several months earlier. So I dropped to their $20 plan and after testing T-Mobile and Verizon, I went with Verizon. I didn't touch Sprint because they didn't have a 2-week trial at the time and I had a month-long fight with them over landline service back in college. As for VZW, no complaints what-so-ever thus far (3 years now). Reception is good wherever I go including anywhere I've gone in HR. I don't care that I pay more with Verizon than I would with another company, b/c I am very happy with the reception, overall service, customer service, and phones.

Archived