Uptown Fayetteville Development Area

Mith242

The Shoppes at the Bluff (just north of new Shogun) will break ground March 26. East Meets West Spa (originally to be at Bellafont) will be one of the tenants. It is a Mathias project.

I had been under the impression those lots around Gregg/Van Ashe were "build to suit" type lots. I doubt we'll see much spec building on those lots just yet.

There is also a new shopping center just across from Shogun behind Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't know if it is finished yet but there is actually quite a bit of small commercial development going on around the mall. I really don't care for all of these one story strip malls but I guess it means the area is still growing some.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also a new shopping center just across from Shogun behind Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't know if it is finished yet but there is actually quite a bit of small commercial development going on around the mall. I really don't care for all of these one story strip malls but I guess it means the area is still growing some.

the reality on those one-story strip centers is that they are about the only thing holding together the commecial real estate business, not just here, but around the country. typically cheaper to build and maintain of course, and with tenants like drug stores, salons, dollar stores, etc., that don't usually go out of business in a recession because they sell necessities.

The Shoppes at the Bluff (just north of new Shogun) will break ground March 26. East Meets West Spa (originally to be at Bellafont) will be one of the tenants. It is a Mathias project.

I had been under the impression those lots around Gregg/Van Ashe were "build to suit" type lots. I doubt we'll see much spec building on those lots just yet.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I know what you mean. But like you said it does show there's still some growth taking place.

Hello All! The dirt work around the Steele Crossing area is because of some "fill areas" that needed to be taken care of, however, there is good activity taken place right now in the area. The One Steele Plaza building seemed to be slow at first, although there are some very nice offices in the building and it is now starting to fill up.

Hello All! The dirt work around the Steele Crossing area is because of some "fill areas" that needed to be taken care of, however, there is good activity taken place right now in the area. The One Steele Plaza building seemed to be slow at first, although there are some very nice offices in the building and it is now starting to fill up.

That's real good news for that office building. I was kind of getting concerned about it but I have not driven by there inthe past month or two.

That's what I love about this forum. As soon as someone begins asking about or questioning the work being done on a project, someone magically appears that's in "the know". I wonder how many users here are developers or managers involved with some of the projects around here. :D

At any rate, welcome NWAFan, good to have you!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like Johnson is planning on fighting Fayetteville on the land it's trying to annex. I admit after seeing a shot of what it encompasses I was a little surprised how much we're talking about. If Fayetteville does annex it the city limits will basically extend up to the Johnson exit on I-540. All the land east of that exit would be Fayetteville and even some land west of it. Looks like Fayetteville is even trying to get some so that it would extend it's border to the Gregg/Joyce intersection. Although Johnson would still retain some land east of that intersection. I wish I hadn't left my paper at work today. Or else I would have tried to post a pic of all the land that's being referred to.

Sounds like Johnson is planning on fighting Fayetteville on the land it's trying to annex. I admit after seeing a shot of what it encompasses I was a little surprised how much we're talking about. If Fayetteville does annex it the city limits will basically extend up to the Johnson exit on I-540. All the land east of that exit would be Fayetteville and even some land west of it. Looks like Fayetteville is even trying to get some so that it would extend it's border to the Gregg/Joyce intersection. Although Johnson would still retain some land east of that intersection. I wish I hadn't left my paper at work today. Or else I would have tried to post a pic of all the land that's being referred to.

Yeah, I was surprised, too. It's more than the 100 acres I first read about and looks like more than the 300 acres referred to in the article. I also didn't realize those road were planned much less another interchange with I540. I know civic pride is important but in the long run I think it would be a good deal for Johnson to go along with. It would actually be in their best long run interest to join Fayetteville- it would be a lot more likely that Fayetteville could come up with the money to widen Main Street, replace bridges and all the other infrastructure needs the town has.

Yeah, I was surprised, too. It's more than the 100 acres I first read about and looks like more than the 300 acres referred to in the article. I also didn't realize those road were planned much less another interchange with I540. I know civic pride is important but in the long run I think it would be a good deal for Johnson to go along with. It would actually be in their best long run interest to join Fayetteville- it would be a lot more likely that Fayetteville could come up with the money to widen Main Street, replace bridges and all the other infrastructure needs the town has.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing us absorb some of the smaller towns and centralize things. But I have a feeling all those little towns don't feel that way and will resist. I'm also curious to see if Johnson can fight off Fayetteville from annexing the land. From what I understand a new state law is the reason for this even being possible.

• 7 months later...

I've been meaning to mention this. But I've been seeing some ground work being done directly behind the building on Steele near the intersection of Van Asche. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. Not sure if they're just doing ground work for some eventual development or if there's something going in right now.

I've been meaning to mention this. But I've been seeing some ground work being done directly behind the building on Steele near the intersection of Van Asche. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. Not sure if they're just doing ground work for some eventual development or if there's something going in right now.

I think that they are getting ready to do some office or commercial buildings there in that area. I think that they might be going in closer to the Gregg/Van Ashe intersection but I could be wrong. I remember seeing something about it going through the city council or somewhere.

I think that they are getting ready to do some office or commercial buildings there in that area. I think that they might be going in closer to the Gregg/Van Ashe intersection but I could be wrong. I remember seeing something about it going through the city council or somewhere.

Yeah, there's an ad in the current NWA Business Journal for Twin Creeks Village Medical Park at Gregg and Van Asche. Looks like it might be big development with multiple buildings.

Yeah, there's an ad in the current NWA Business Journal for Twin Creeks Village Medical Park at Gregg and Van Asche. Looks like it might be big development with multiple buildings.

That's strange. A couple of weeks ago, I was on the bike trails and saw the sign for Twin Creeks Village. It showed a mixed use development including retail, office, restaurant spaces and a bank.

That's strange. A couple of weeks ago, I was on the bike trails and saw the sign for Twin Creeks Village. It showed a mixed use development including retail, office, restaurant spaces and a bank.

Yes, i saw that also. I think the medical park will just take the area close to Gregg and Van Asche and the rest will be dveloped as more mixed use.

I'm not sure if the section Mith was taling about across the creek is even considered part of Twin Creeks- it might be named something entirely different.

Yes, i saw that also. I think the medical park will just take the area close to Gregg and Van Asche and the rest will be dveloped as more mixed use.

I'm not sure if the section Mith was taling about across the creek is even considered part of Twin Creeks- it might be named something entirely different.

Ah, thanks for the info!

Yes, i saw that also. I think the medical park will just take the area close to Gregg and Van Asche and the rest will be developed as more mixed use.

I'm not sure if the section Mith was talking about across the creek is even considered part of Twin Creeks- it might be named something entirely different.

I was on the Scull Creek Trail near that area and saw all the dirt being turned up right behind the building that's on Steele. I don't recall seeing any signs up or anything though.

• 1 year later...

Been forgetting to mention this. I've noticed some ground work being done on the south side of Van Asche right next to the Scull Creek Trail. Not sure if there's plans for anything immediate, or if developers are just wanting that spot ready since it looks like the economy is starting to turn around.

On a side note, can't remember if I ever mentioned this either. But I noticed some building being done across the street from Shogun just north of the previous spot mentioned. Looks like another strip mall type development right there with the others in that area.

• 2 years later...

According to the Technical Plat agenda, Fayetteville will be getting an Academy Sports and Outdoor Store in the "Uptown" area. I'm not sure exactly where yet but it said lot 9A of the CMN Business Park, I have not had time to find a plat. I would guess somewhere around the Razorback 16. The lot is just under 15 acres and the store will be around 71,500 sq feet I believe.

According to the Technical Plat agenda, Fayetteville will be getting an Academy Sports and Outdoor Store in the "Uptown" area. I'm not sure exactly where yet but it said lot 9A of the CMN Business Park, I have not had time to find a plat. I would guess somewhere around the Razorback 16. The lot is just under 15 acres and the store will be around 71,500 sq feet I believe.

This has been cooking for a while, but by no means done. The area is next to the theater, but that lot is also in a flood zone, meaning it will be very expensive after the purchase to develop. Good catch and great news. Surprised though, as it will no doubt impact the Rogers store.

Thanks for the info. :)

This has been cooking for a while, but by no means done. The area is next to the theater, but that lot is also in a flood zone, meaning it will be very expensive after the purchase to develop. Good catch and great news. Surprised though, as it will no doubt impact the Rogers store.

Maybe they think the area is big enough to support two locations. As far as the location, seems like there's plenty of land available in that general area. Granted other plots of land very well could also be in the flood plain as well. But you'd think there's a decent location somewhere in that area.

Archived