The Berlin Turnpike!

gtru1981

I was reading the forum about Buckland. I grow up in Newington my whole life, but in the last 7 years, the Berlin Turnpike has exploded! We pretty much have everything. The old krispie kreme is now a citi bank, lazy boy furniture is building a new store next to wal mart. Also stew leonards and sams club are opening up in the caldor plaza. Also another grocery store is coming to the pike, aldi inc will build a new store across the street from pier 1 imports. Theirs only one major buidling empty(the old totally kids furniture). Also, mcdondalds on the pike(one of the oldest in ct) was torn down to rebuilt with a bigger place. What is really left to be built? Has the pike become the non mall version of the pike? What else could and should get on the pike? I really want a christmas tree shop or a burlington coat factory their.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buckland and the pike have alot of the same stores and restaurants.

I think the buckland area sees more crime though.

The BJ's supercenter is in construction now on Tolland Turnpike, and more talk of a giant Manchester store is nearing finalization.

The old Manchester Parkade has a prospective buyer that has signed a purchase agreement with the landlord, but wont go public

about it until after the new year. The newspaper has said it will be a large 24 hour center with food and an outdoor lawn and

garden center, so it will most likely be a COSTCO, who's nearest location is Enfield, or a 24 hour walmart supercenter, which got

voted against in stafford and vernon.

This isnt even buckland anymore, this is almost in the middle of manchester

I was reading the forum about Buckland. I grow up in Newington my whole life, but in the last 7 years, the Berlin Turnpike has exploded! We pretty much have everything. The old krispie kreme is now a citi bank, lazy boy furniture is building a new store next to wal mart. Also stew leonards and sams club are opening up in the caldor plaza. Also another grocery store is coming to the pike, aldi inc will build a new store across the street from pier 1 imports. Theirs only one major buidling empty(the old totally kids furniture). Also, mcdondalds on the pike(one of the oldest in ct) was torn down to rebuilt with a bigger place. What is really left to be built? Has the pike become the non mall version of the pike? What else could and should get on the pike? I really want a christmas tree shop or a burlington coat factory their.

I've been told that the McDonald's on the Berlin Turnpike was the very first one in Connecticut. It looks like they might be going with a retro look, and the font will now face Robbins Avenue and not the Berlin Turnpike.

I think my favorite store on the whole stretch is New England Country Gifts and Christmas. If you ever need a taste of Christmas any time of year, just pop in.

Buckland and the pike have alot of the same stores and restaurants.

I think the buckland area sees more crime though.

The BJ's supercenter is in construction now on Tolland Turnpike, and more talk of a giant Manchester store is nearing finalization.

The old Manchester Parkade has a prospective buyer that has signed a purchase agreement with the landlord, but wont go public

about it until after the new year. The newspaper has said it will be a large 24 hour center with food and an outdoor lawn and

garden center, so it will most likely be a COSTCO, who's nearest location is Enfield, or a 24 hour walmart supercenter, which got

voted against in stafford and vernon.

This isnt even buckland anymore, this is almost in the middle of manchester

Archived