Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

Proposed 8 story building downtown on agenda

wolverine    0

Ann Arbor City Planning Commission Agenda reads:

Public Hearing and Action on 200 South. Ashley Street Site Plan, 0.11 acre. A proposal to construct a 29,512-square foot, eight story, mixed-use (retail/restaurant/office/residential) building with parking below ground

Michi    0

Is this Ashley Terrace? I just passed that site today thinking it was going to be the 14 stories that are shown in the rendering. Hopefully, this is a different block of Ashley Street.

Michi    0

Oh, ok. Good. There was no rendering on site for A.T. so it concerned me for a second that they shrank it. Phew! :)

(Construction isn't really that far along yet though)

dtown    0

Sounds cool, the underground parking is a great idea. No sense wasting all that vauable downtown AA land on a garage. :thumbsup:

wolverine    0

Agreed. I'd like to see that area build up a bit more density. Although it seems like area residents prefer whatever parking is there because it acts as a buffer zone between the downtown buildings and the single family homes. I think they are just a bit worried some 20 story building is going to go up next door to them. All I have to say to them is, too bad!

dtown    0

haha, i saw a picture off ann arbor, and i was really surprised at there being a mid rise right next to a little old house.