Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

Proposed 8 story building downtown on agenda

11 posts in this topic

Ann Arbor City Planning Commission Agenda reads:

Public Hearing and Action on 200 South. Ashley Street Site Plan, 0.11 acre. A proposal to construct a 29,512-square foot, eight story, mixed-use (retail/restaurant/office/residential) building with parking below ground

Is this Ashley Terrace? I just passed that site today thinking it was going to be the 14 stories that are shown in the rendering. Hopefully, this is a different block of Ashley Street.

Oh, ok. Good. There was no rendering on site for A.T. so it concerned me for a second that they shrank it. Phew! :)

(Construction isn't really that far along yet though)

LOL, I assure you Michi, it won't shrank. The renderings are in the trailer though. Where interested buyers go

Sounds cool, the underground parking is a great idea. No sense wasting all that vauable downtown AA land on a garage. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I'd like to see that area build up a bit more density. Although it seems like area residents prefer whatever parking is there because it acts as a buffer zone between the downtown buildings and the single family homes. I think they are just a bit worried some 20 story building is going to go up next door to them. All I have to say to them is, too bad!

haha, i saw a picture off ann arbor, and i was really surprised at there being a mid rise right next to a little old house.

LOL, I assure you Michi, it won't shrank. The renderings are in the trailer though. Where interested buyers go

Oh, it's the senior year of college thing, where you just don't care how you spell things.