Black Friday Shopping in Charlotte?

monsoon

Do you plan to shop for stuff on Black Friday?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to shop for stuff on Black Friday?

• Yes - most definately, can't passs it up
    • No - I plan to do something more relevant
    • Maybe - there is nothing else to do

Even more amusing or disgusting at how you might look at it.

I was watching the ABC news this morning. They led in with a story on the absolute hell that is going on in Iraq and the fact that bombings, morters, shells, bullets and bombs had maimed and killed hundreds in the last 24 hours. The carnage was horrendous. Then instantly the story changed to mindless, non-caring Americans rushing like pigs to a feeding trough to get into the stores to buy junk.

Think about it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Herd Mentality

This is a low quality video of the people who got hurt last night when attempting to stampede into Concord Mills to get the specials. They also broke the door. (You will have to copy and paste this into your browser)

mmsh://beloint.wmod.llnwd.net/a125/o1/www.wcnc.com/1124-shoppers.wmv

Herd Mentality

This is a low quality video of the people who got hurt last night when attempting to stampede into Concord Mills to get the specials. They also broke the door. (You will have to copy and paste this into your browser)

Same kind of crap everywhere, apparently. The Shreveport paper is reporting two fights at the Target store in Alexandria, about 2 hours south of here (article.) Our local news also showed video from a local Toys R Us store where a woman kept trying to cut in line and people were bouncing her out of line; the security guard was even threatening to have her arrested as she just stood there and grinned like an idiot. Had she gotten in line, she could have gone in at a decent time, but instead her antics got her in the store last.

Stupid people. I wish this madness would just come to a stop.

Herd Mentality

As somone who has worked part-time in retail for almost 20 years, I try to spend as little of my free time at the malls or shopping centers. Over the past several years, this "Black Friday" thing has made people turn into complete idiots! Let me be the first to step up and hand you a $20 bill for the money you would save by getting in line at 8 p. m. to get into a store that will open at midnight.

Honestly, I would seriously consider not shopping at stores who cater to such insanity. Pretty soon, stores will actually be OPEN on Thanksgiving, thus making those that have to work lose another holiday.

The only way to begin the slide back to the sane side of the coin would be to let the mall owners (i.e. Simon) know that it really isn't all that necessary to open at midnight or the holiday at all. Of course, that goes against the corporate mentality of "MUST MAKE MORE MONEY!!!"

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post. Other than I do have to shake my head at all of the problems we have here at home, let alone in other parts of the world, and people are fighting over Playstations, Wii's and a bag of coupons in the wee hours of the morning.

Sometimes I truly wonder........

As somone who has worked part-time in retail for almost 20 years, I try to spend as little of my free time at the malls or shopping centers. Over the past several years, this "Black Friday" thing has made people turn into complete idiots! Let me be the first to step up and hand you a $20 bill for the money you would save by getting in line at 8 p. m. to get into a store that will open at midnight.

Honestly, I would seriously consider not shopping at stores who cater to such insanity. Pretty soon, stores will actually be OPEN on Thanksgiving, thus making those that have to work lose another holiday.

The only way to begin the slide back to the sane side of the coin would be to let the mall owners (i.e. Simon) know that it really isn't all that necessary to open at midnight or the holiday at all. Of course, that goes against the corporate mentality of "MUST MAKE MORE MONEY!!!"

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post. Other than I do have to shake my head at all of the problems we have here at home, let alone in other parts of the world, and people are fighting over Playstations, Wii's and a bag of coupons in the wee hours of the morning.

Sometimes I truly wonder........

Archived