Alpine Ave Developments

GRDadof3

• 2 months later...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple Updates from my Last Post:

First off, there is a new traffic light that will soon be operating near the former lear factory on Alpine Ave. It's at Roger street and a new street recently built called Avastar Parkway. I do believe the old lear building is being divided into different parts. I know GR Spring and Stamping occupys the north part of the building, then I guess Avastar will take some of the building, but I really don't know much about it.

Going more northward, the building that was being built by perkins. There is indeed a new dentist office there called Aspen Dental. I believe more tenants will be in the building.

The Keller Ford Pre Owned Vehicles center was moved onto Keller Ford's property. Pre Owned Vehicles used to be across old orchard avenue or whatever that street is.

And finally, the wal-mart supercenter is scheduled to open on May 8.

First off, there is a new traffic light that will soon be operating near the former lear factory on Alpine Ave. It's at Roger street and a new street recently built called Avastar Parkway. I do believe the old lear building is being divided into different parts. I know GR Spring and Stamping occupys the north part of the building, then I guess Avastar will take some of the building, but I really don't know much about it.

Couple Updates from my Last Post:

So now theres a stop light at Alpine and Cogswell and a block to the south Alpine and Rogers? I guess thats similar to the stop light situation on Fulton near One Trick Pony... its always annoying to have stoplights that close together especially if you get stuck between the two.

So now theres a stop light at Alpine and Cogswell and a block to the south Alpine and Rogers? I guess thats similar to the stop light situation on Fulton near One Trick Pony... its always annoying to have stoplights that close together especially if you get stuck between the two.

The light at Cogswell & Alpine is indeed coming down, they just put in a stop sign at the intersection on Cogswell the other day and now the light at Avstar Pkwy / Rogers & Alpine is now flashing. On the subject of lights they also are apparently replacing the light at Hillside & Alpine.

Another note, there is talk going around of the Starbucks that just opened on Alpine closing down soon due to a lack of business, which should of been seen coming with there being a cofee shop in the Schulers Books not more than 500 feet down the road, they are however opening a Starbucks in Standale infront of the Meijers on Wilson this month...

One last note about the roads, about three weeks ago there was a massive pothole on Alpine heading twoards GR near Anne which I hit resulting in a flat tire, when I pulled off into the parking lot there were already four other people with flat tires from that pothole there.

Epic Fail.

Another note, there is talk going around of the Starbucks that just opened on Alpine closing down soon due to a lack of business, which should of been seen coming with there being a cofee shop in the Schulers Books not more than 500 feet down the road, they are however opening a Starbucks in Standale infront of the Meijers on Wilson this month...

If anything, the location is a VERY convenient place. This goes back to the discussions we've had before, but pulling into Target, Schulers, wherever, going into the store and getting coffee is MUCH more inconvenient than the Starbucks store right off Alpine. We frequent the store whenever on Alpine and we rarely see people inside, but the drive-thru is always busy.

If anything, the location is a VERY convenient place. This goes back to the discussions we've had before, but pulling into Target, Schulers, wherever, going into the store and getting coffee is MUCH more inconvenient than the Starbucks store right off Alpine. We frequent the store whenever on Alpine and we rarely see people inside, but the drive-thru is always busy.

This makes me wonder why there aren't more drive-thru only coffee stands. They are literally all over the place in the Seattle area. The only one I can think of around here is on 28th street near Breton in front of where Franks used to be.

This makes me wonder why there aren't more drive-thru only coffee stands. They are literally all over the place in the Seattle area. The only one I can think of around here is on 28th street near Breton in front of where Franks used to be.

• 3 months later...

How about this for new development. A farmer's market is held every Sat. from 8-1 in the parking lot of Fruitbasket?Flowerland? (across from IHOP) :D

Also, what's with the sports bar that was retrofitted and then never opened? The one between Best Buy & IHOP. They now have a storage bin and a tent sitting in the parking lot.

How about this for new development. A farmer's market is held every Sat. from 8-1 in the parking lot of Fruitbasket?Flowerland? (across from IHOP) :D

Also, what's with the sports bar that was retrofitted and then never opened? The one between Best Buy & IHOP. They now have a dumpster and a tent sitting in the parking lot.

...Also, the sports bar is/was owned by a friend of my family. He had a hard time getting his liquor lisence and attempted to open without one, but a sportsbar without a liquor lisence is not much of a bar. So, he closed it down with no re-open date...he's working on obtaining that lisence still. I'm not sure what the problem/hold up is though.

In reference to the farmer's market - my dad and brother have a stand there and last week was their first time out. They said it was pretty slow, but nice people with quality goods.

Also, the sports bar is/was owned by a friend of my family. He had a hard time getting his liquor lisence and attempted to open without one, but a sportsbar without a liquor lisence is not much of a bar. So, he closed it down with no re-open date...he's working on obtaining that lisence still. I'm not sure what the problem/hold up is though.

I also know one of the co-owners, and I heard they were having a hard time getting the license because his dad, Tony Lin (owned the Tony Lin's Restaurant that was in that location before and also Oriental Buffet, among others) has been in legal trouble with his other restaurants (tax evading, sheltering and employing illegal immigrants from China, etc etc).

it seems we may know the same person. the co-owner who's father got in legal trouble had said that he was trying to distance himself from his family so as to not get caught up in their legal trouble, but it seems to have followed him. too bad, too. i thought the sports bar would have done well there. but, being realistic, sports bars need beer.

• 1 month later...

Archived