Have you ever run for an elected position?

michaelskis

I know that many of you have held a rage of community leadership positions, but were you elected to any of these positions? How effective do you feel that you where in regards of accomplishing your goals to help the community or was it only a stepping stone to another elected position?

I have tossed my hat into the ring for one of the Board Positions for Heritage Hill, and it looks like I have some good competition.. Everyone else has lived in the district for years and talk about there lives in the district, while since I am new to the area talk about my professional experiences and how they relate to the goals and objectives of the board.

What kind of campaigning did you do when you ran for a Neighborhood or non-general election position? What suggestions would you have for this scale of election?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did list a brief explanation of why we want to run for the board in the monthly news letter, so I think that anyone who actually reads it will know the basic background.

I think that I will do the door to door thing in my condo, talk to some people that I know who live in the area and know other people and attend the meeting tomorrow. That way the board will see that I am serious and if any one has any questions I will be available to answer them.

As for the door to door thing outside of the condo, I am just worried that most people are burnt out on all the electoral politics and won

Archived