PS3 release

UptownNewOrleans

So I'm sure mostly, if not everyone has heard about the few idiots acting like morons over the PS3 release. One dude in Connecticut got shot for not giving up the money to get a PS3, someone else in Boston got shot for the same reason. Here in New Orleans, hopefully nothing similar has happened or will happen. It's sad but @ the same time funny that people would camp out a week before the release. Then those same folk are turning around and selling the same console for 4x the cost on Ebay. Everyone is a hustler in a sense.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotte love free enterprise!

Seriously though.. this is pretty sad. But I can see being desparate if the release goes anything like the Xbox 360.. where it takes months for supply to catch up.

I'd personally just go with the Nintendo Wii... it's a lot cheaper, has an innovative new controller, and has games that I like.. I'm not a huge fan of shoot-em-ups or car-racing (I mean.. they're fun for a little while... but after about 30 minutes I get bored)

Zelda and Mario are two classics that I love, and are only available on Nintendo.

Some people are so crazy over video games! I probally wont get it for lke a year, if i ever get it. Some people want to get it soooooo bad when they come out, but if they wait a few months they can get it on demand for $100 cheaper. No Camping out in a parking lot for me!

I had a friend who wanted one of these really badly but was in class for the every day before it was supposed to come out so he payed me $150 to wait in line for him plus the cost of the entire system. Considering I had to "camp" out for 2 nights, I don't really think it was worth it lol. ;)

Here is a pretty good review of the PS3. Generally they were not real positive on it noting that many of them have been purchased by people looking to make a profit on Ebay. I get the impression that much of it's design is to force other Sony technology on the consumer rather than making it good for playing games. The Wii and Xbox360 seem to be a better system for gamers.

Here is a pretty good review of the PS3. Generally they were not real positive on it noting that many of them have been purchased by people looking to make a profit on Ebay. I get the impression that much of it's design is to force other Sony technology on the consumer rather than making it good for playing games. The Wii and Xbox360 seem to be a better system for gamers.

I've got this whole "Be First to Get It" game won. I don't play it at all. I'll wait a year or two when a clear leader of the pack has emerged, when the selection of games has built up, and most of all the prices of these video game systems have come down to price points normal people can afford. Go ahead and say "Like, he's so five minutes ago." But my wallet is still filled with hard earned money. Is yours?

• 2 weeks later...

That's completely dependant on number available. Amounts aren't an issue here, it's percentage.. and I believe both should still be at or very near 100%. Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii and I hate the PS3.. but I don't think it's safe to say the Wii is beating the PS3 yet.

It all comes down to how things are a year or two down the road. Which system is getting the better game support, and which system is getting more games sold? Those are the true tests of a system.

Archived