New construction by Duke Energy building?

ScottCLT

This could have been mentioned before, but I don't know where to find it...

I noticed a brick building (parking garage?) beside the Duke Energy building on Mint St. across from the Marriott Residence Inn this morning that had DH Griffin Wrecking Company signs all over it.

Then tonight, as I was driving home, there were two news crews setup beside it filming. I didn't catch anything on the news, but does anyone know what's going on here?

Heh...and speaking of the Residence Inn, I caught an interesting bit of trivia about the Residence Inn during the Panthers game this weekend. Supposedly, the offensive coordinator for the Panthers has lived there for over 4 years while in town, through 5 changes in hotel management. I guess he likes the room service and maid service too much to spring for a condo.

EDIT:

Ok, apparently the news crews had nothing to do with this. As I just saw on the news, the reason they were there was because a sex offender was living in the Residence Inn. I did find it amusing that they called the Residence Inn an "upscale center city hotel." It's not shabby by a long shot, but I don't know about upscale. Maybe the Ritz-Carlton should watch out...the Residence Inn may be right on their heels.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived