RDU International Airport

Rufus

I wouldn't be surprised if they tear the sheet metal off and try to install glass windows to mimic terminal C. Also adding alot more restuarants, upgrading security, and the check in booths will probably be included.

Agree. If you look at some of the newer airports around the world you see the floor to ceiling glass. That is one thing I like about the new terminal and you are correct, that would be the way to go with Terminal A. The HK airport along with Shanghai

• 2 weeks later...

New Service Announcements.. in case you haven't heard.. :scared:

Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Fort Lauderdale (jetBlue and Southwest) starting once daily in February.

Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Orlando (AirTran) starting once daily in February.

Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Cancun (Delta) starting Saturday service in February.

And the announcements are just rolling in.. wonder what's next?

BTW.. that will make 3 international scheduled service (London, Toronto, Cancun)... wonder what is coming next?

:yahoo::alc:

New Service Announcements.. in case you haven't heard.. :scared:

Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Fort Lauderdale (jetBlue and Southwest) starting once daily in February.

Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Orlando (AirTran) starting once daily in February.

Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Cancun (Delta) starting Saturday service in February.

And the announcements are just rolling in.. wonder what's next?

BTW.. that will make 3 international scheduled service (London, Toronto, Cancun)... wonder what is coming next?

:yahoo::alc:

Thats fantastik news!!! I hope the next one is another international :) .

Glad to hear that jetBlue is expanding at RDU! This makes me very happy. I assume this will stick with the E190?

Indeed.. jetBlue will still be using the Embraer 190 at RDU. My only concern with the jetBlue and the AirTran flights are they they both have the new flight departing at the exact same time as a current flight. With only one gate each, I wonder how long until they re-time their other flight? And I wonder if jetBlue will be bringing back the seasonal 5th JFK flight?

Indeed.. jetBlue will still be using the Embraer 190 at RDU. My only concern with the jetBlue and the AirTran flights are they they both have the new flight departing at the exact same time as a current flight. With only one gate each, I wonder how long until they re-time their other flight? And I wonder if jetBlue will be bringing back the seasonal 5th JFK flight?

Is this the same "ERJ170" over on A.Net? If it is, good to see you over here! LOL!!

If I'm not mistaken, jetBlue did some time changes within the past 3 or 4 months on their RDU/JFK flights as compared to the original times they started with in the summer of 2006. When I flew to NYC on jetBlue the day after they started service at RDU, I took a 10:50am flight out and returned on the 4:50 flight back, flights 1102 and 1107 respectively. Since then, those times have been pushed back.

If your statement is correct regarding the times of the jetBlue and AirTran flights, and seeing that they begin in early 2008, maybe RDU's plan is to redistribute gates in Terminal A accordingly once Terminal C opens next summer with what Delta and United moving to the new Terminal C. If this is the case, then maybe its a "make due with what they have" scenario until gates become available with the movement of airlines from one terminal to another. I could be totally wrong here, just an assumption.

If your statement is correct regarding the times of the jetBlue and AirTran flights, and seeing that they begin in early 2008, maybe RDU's plan is to redistribute gates in Terminal A accordingly once Terminal C opens next summer with what Delta and United moving to the new Terminal C. If this is the case, then maybe its a "make due with what they have" scenario until gates become available with the movement of airlines from one terminal to another. I could be totally wrong here, just an assumption.

The first airline to move FROM Terminal A is Delta. This will free up 5 gates. EXCEPT 2 of those gates will be closed down to make room for the inline baggage screening. I think it's A18 and A19. The problem is.. I don't think Delta is moving until later in the year. But I could be wrong because they are offering the Cancun flight starting around the same time.. so perhaps Delta will be moving early. I don't even know.. I think that they will just retime their main flights (JFK and ATL, respectively) later on...

One of the coolest aspects of the terminal to me is that the kiosks will handle all the airlines.. so that someone flying on American can use a kiosk, then someone flying delta can use the same kiosk for their flight.. that is just cool..

But looking at the video, I am wondering.. what are those "T" looking things? They look like they could be used for gate location or flight status updates? I'm just wondering..

• 2 weeks later...

No, really.. can there be a BBQ shack in the Terminal.. in fact, in BOTH terminals.. there must be somewhere people can get that pound of real vinegar based BBQ before heading back to their destination!

Just noticed.. RDU WILL be getting a BBQ shack plus a bunch of other business.. including...

Carolina Ale House

42nd Street Oyster Bar

A Southern Season gourment food shop

Gordan Biersh Brewery

Brookwood Farms BBQ

California Pizza Kitchen

Jose Cuervo Tequilera

Starbucks Coffee

Bruggers Bagels

A&W

KFC

Borders

Drugs & More

Brooks Brothers

PGA Tour Store

University News and Sports

Taxco Sterling jeweler

Does anyone know which one(s) will be full service and which will be casual?

Edited by ERJ170

RDU flight loses so far...

US dropped LAS service

jetBlue dropping JFK to 3x daily

DL reducing SLC to 5 weekly

DL reducing LAX to 6 weekly

No new service on the horizon since the following announcements...

DL to Cancun

AirTran to Orlando

jetBlue to Ft Lauderdale

Southwest to Ft Lauderdale

No new airline entrants...

Anyone have any update on the terminal? Can I see an updated picture of the terminal?

Did anyone ever ask the authority if they were having multilingual signs?

Admirals Club, US Club, Crown Room.. where are they going? How big? what will they have? Any additional clubs?

RDU flight loses so far...

US dropped LAS service

jetBlue dropping JFK to 3x daily

DL reducing SLC to 5 weekly

DL reducing LAX to 6 weekly

for those of us who aren't frequent fliers, could you spell out the airports? I know JFK and LAX, but where in the world are LAS and SLC?