Rundown Map of Uptown Charlotte Projects

dubone

CATS does the same thing ... hang powerpoints on their website that were used at community meetings. It's better than nothing, and I suppose gets a little more re-use out of something designed for one meeting. But on the Internet, it leaves you scratching your head, wondering what details you missed that were explained vocally.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. It was a failure on my part to point you guys not to the PPT presentation but the webpages that illustrate development in each ward and South End. That presentation is old and will be down first thing Monday morning. You are right with all of the critiques of the presentation because it is outdated. Like I wrote above, I would encourage everyone to visit the development report web version with the left side navigation. This should prove to have clearer maps and information. Thanks again for the info, I will take your comments into consideration. This is one reason why Urban Planet is such a good place to voice opinions because you guys are the people visiting our site and possibly using our info.

Very interesting to see a large park and large buildings built over what appears to be a newly tunneled portion of I-277 (in the 2010 vision section).

I remember when that idea was brought up a year or so ago but this is the first rendering I have seen. Of course, it's probably been on this site for a while but I have never visited this site until tonight.

• 1 month later...

It seems that the abondoned Wachovia (?) branch at 9th and Tryon will be rehabbed as a restuarant named Rustic Martini......I'm glad it's being renovated, because that strech of Tryon is dead, but I was hoping that building would just go away. It was a suburban branch with a drive-thru.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks you sir. Well I have a little too much time on my hands but hope you guys enjoy it. I know several of the buildings are turned the wrong way, the novare buildings aren't there, and that the trump tower is just the Atlanta rendering but here is a rough idea of what the skyline would look like from the west. Don't be too rough on it, its my first attempt. Thanks again for the advice.

QC_thumb.gif

Thanks you sir. Well I have a little too much time on my hands but hope you guys enjoy it. I know several of the buildings are turned the wrong way, the novare buildings aren't there, and that the trump tower is just the Atlanta rendering but here is a rough idea of what the skyline would look like from the west. Don't be too rough on it, its my first attempt. Thanks again for the advice.

QC_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. It was a failure on my part to point you guys not to the PPT presentation but the webpages that illustrate development in each ward and South End. That presentation is old and will be down first thing Monday morning. You are right with all of the critiques of the presentation because it is outdated. Like I wrote above, I would encourage everyone to visit the development report web version with the left side navigation. This should prove to have clearer maps and information. Thanks again for the info, I will take your comments into consideration. This is one reason why Urban Planet is such a good place to voice opinions because you guys are the people visiting our site and possibly using our info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks great....it seems the Levine plans have been updated yet again.....since you asked for criticism, might I suggest for the Trump project page that you use an image of his New Orleans deal. That tower has direct Trump investment (as opposed to Atlanta which doesn't) and contains a hotel component. It is also more similar in height to the taller tower proposed for Charlotte.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for updating that.....I see there is a site plan for 101 W Tremont. Some of those bays seem like the are for retail...can you confirm this?

Also, dear God, please don't let "C" be built. Worst proposal in Charlotte.

I believe they are for retail, although it does not specify on the site plan. I believe it is in their best interest to put some form of retail fronting Tremont Avenue, since it sits a block from the East / West LRT Station and next to the Tremont Trolley Stop. This project plus the Spectrum project further down the line should really change the look of Hawkins Street.

• 1 month later...

not sure if this helps or anything but i found something on google earth, where someone has made a model of downtown charlotte, its not in the right spot but has everything from avenue, epicenter, one charlotte, the new wahcovia project and such. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/det...amp;prevstart=0 thats the link to it

Archived