Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kayak1

Baxter Community Center

7 posts in this topic

Thought I would pass these on. Not the biggest project in town but a great community center that does a lot for the Baxter community.

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

I've lived in the Baxter neighborhood for over 30 years. That community center is the thing that ties this neighborhood together. It's where we vote, send our kids to daycare, have community meetings and all sorts of things. It's great to see this expansion going forward along with the townhouse project across the street (hopefully) and the city park expansion. It's like all of the devepment along Wealthy and Diamond is starting to spill over into the neighborhood.

This is very exciting. Something like this can really rally the neighborhood for massive improvement.

Congratulations on the new center and keep us updated with photos!

The dark-colored brick seems to be a trend lately...we've got it in the founders trust building, and now this...I kinda like it though

I don't think think the finish surface though. The black color is prabably a water proof coating to discourage moisture from entering the building. If you look closely at the photograph you'll notice that lighter colored concrete foundation work meets the black walls in a ledge for a finish brick veneer to sit on. The finish look of the wall I'm assuming will match the rest of the existing building.

The dark-colored brick seems to be a trend lately...we've got it in the founders trust building, and now this...I kinda like it though

Tamias is right, and if you look you can see theres even some brick going on right now in that corner post.

That black stuff is a wrap, it does the same job that "Tyvek" or the other house wraps you see go on homes would do.

The black stuff is damproofing that is sprayed on. It goes between the block and brick and acts as a vapor barrier. The membrane that you see at the windows is a flashing. The final finish is a 4" split face veneer.