Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atlrvr

Building Question

10 posts in this topic

There is a building I'm looking for a picture of (or at least the name)/

It is approx 5-6 stories in heights, with a PURPLE metal exterior (possibly metal sided) and has "funky" metal artistic touches on the facade. Most distinguishly, it has the appearance that the balcones are not level.

I believe this building is residential, with ground floor retail.....it would have been built within the last 5 years.

If anyone has a picture of this building, or at least knows its name, please contact me. Thanks.

Your thinking of the Experienced Music Project.... Thats the only 5-6 story building thats a few year old around here... Its got purple, red,silver, blue and Im sure other colors that make up its siding. Here's a pic:

winhec2004_3_01.jpg

An earthquake destroyed Seattle Center so they bulldozed the wreckage into a pile, which is now the EMP. Or Paul Allen went on a cocaine bender and hired the world's worst/most overrated hack to "design" this mess.

Thats one way to put your opinion.... lets not be so negative. Its a piece of artwork, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Haha. When I first saw the renderings for the EMP I thought it looked like wadded up Christmas present wrapping paper.

No....the building I'm thinking of is much smaller scale. It's not a well known building, and I'm sure it's mostly residential.

Regarding the EMP though, I've often heard the locals begrudge the project.

It isn't art. If that pile of trash is art, every over flowing dumpster in the city is art. I hope Paul Allen awakes from his acid trip someday, fixes that eyesore, and sues the hack who designed it for his money back, as he was obviously ripped off.

Alright now that's funny.

The EMP is ugly. But it's so ugly and crazy looking that I have to love it. It adds texture and variation to the cityscape. It makes a statement.

Thank you. Ill agree with you. Thats exactly how I feel. Insanely closed-minded people drive me insane. The irony.