Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fla_tiger

Fairgrounds Reopens!

5 posts in this topic

It's just great to finally see the Fairgrounds open again. :D

You here so many stories from New Orleanians about going to the Fairgrounds every single Thanksgiving through their lives, and about enjoying the festivites, races, and food with friends and family on Thanksgiving day. Well, I don't have one like that. In fact, I've never been the Fairgrounds on Thanksgiving, but I've always loved and enjoyed the place when I have been there. It has a certain charm and mestique to it that matches its location perfectly; it's "New Orleans." It's so great to see another New Orleans landmark institution reopen, especially in time for Thanksgiving.

And who knows, maybe next year I too will have a "Thanksgiving at the Fairgrounds" story to tell. :)

And it's official, an all-time record attendence was set today at the Fairgrounds, with a Thanksgiving attendance of 8,732.

Louisiana Downs really enjoyed hosting Fairgrounds races in addition to their regular schedule, but it's great to see that long-time New Orleans tradition restored. Congratulations on the great comeback!

Good to hear it's back and the attendance record was broken.