Rivertown Crossings kicks out The RAPID

GRDadof3

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy crap...

I posted a message on my website that was almost word for word the message I posted here, and today I just got a message from Randy Zimmerman stating what I said isn't true... I kid you not...

He wants me to call him, but I'm going to e-mail him first, but anyone else get a message from Randy?

And I lost his phone number *doh*

I must be dense. I can't for the life of me figure out how having these "rowdy" bus patrons crossing the parking lot to get into the mall does anything to protect anyone. I picture these "rowdy" people doing their "rowdy" things around the custumers cars...personally, i'd rather them trash the entrance than MY CAR! Funny, promoting public transportation would actually allow for more liquid assets (cash) to be spent within the mall. Ok, before i get on an economics rant I have to ask if they really banned pedestrians from entering the mall. That has me in a tizzy more than the bus thing. Anyway, if u REALLY want to create a stir, send complaints to some of the larger tennants of the mall stating that if this continues, a boycott will hurt them more than anyone and ask if they condone such customer profiling. Thier pressure on management is probably the only chance for a change of policy. Personally, i like to spend my money at local businesses...i'd rather see a neighbor get my money than some corporate CEO.

Did anyone catch Fox 17's coverage of this issue on Wednesday evening? They do not have the video on line. They interviewed Zimmerman and he said, "We do not want the problems of Grand Rapids coming to Grandville and Rivertown." My wife and I were watching it and we looked at each other and said in unison..."Did he just actually say that?" It was almost surreal hearing him actually, blatantly connecting the dots like that.

Did anyone catch Fox 17's coverage of this issue on Wednesday evening? They do not have the video on line. They interviewed Zimmerman and he said, "We do not want the problems of Grand Rapids coming to Grandville and Rivertown." My wife and I were watching it and we looked at each other and said in unison..."Did he just actually say that?" It was almost surreal hearing him actually, blatantly connecting the dots like that.

That is a messed up site.

The graph makes it appear that Grandville has more Murder and Rape, when in reality the site uses "crime rates per 100,000 people" extrapolating Grandville's 1 murder and 10 rapes to look larger than Grand Rapids 8 murders and 66 rapes.

It's a disingenuous way to compare 16,694 people to 195,274 people.

According to that site, it's more dangerous for murder, rape and theft in Grandville than Grand Rapids per 100,000 people. Per capita, GR is one of the safest cities in the country. My question is what criminal element does the RAPID risk bringing to Grandville? And in the article he even admits that there was no violence. Just pre-emptively stopping violence before it even happens?

They should just close off the mall to auto traffic, because I am going to go out on a limb and predict there will be an accident in the mall parking lot someday soon. I've even seen people drive straight in the lanes that are marked for left turns. OMG! And how about those mall entrances that nobody seems to understand as to who has the right of way???? Just imagine the carnage...the thought is horrific. And yet, pleas by Rivertown Crossings to the automakers to create cars that don't hit each other are going un-heeded. And pleas to the area driving schools to increase standards for driver's ed also are going unanswered. Hence, the ban on cars should be forthcoming. Oh the horror!!

Whatever, I have my Christmas shopping done while not spending one dime at Rivertown. Word on the street is that that side of town is dangerous anyway. Of course, that's just hearsay.

So Zimmermen wants to play hardball with snooty comments like those he made on Fox 17 News. Okey. Fine and Dandy. I guess my money is not good enough for his mall since I don't drive an Escalade and don't live in a McMansion and not make a six figure income. I guess I'm not going to spend one red penny in his mall becuase the message of the day I'm picking up here is that he does not want anybody that is not of the upper classes of society to step foot in his mall.

However, I can always go to Meijer which sells just about everything a mall does without having to pay expensive mall prices. AH HA, Mr. Zimmerman! You didn't think of good ol' Fred or the zillion other businesses your mall competes against. Now did ya? :rofl:

Archived