Rivertown Crossings kicks out The RAPID

GRDadof3

with as many people going in and out of the entrances, and with no real well-planned pedestrian walkways going into the parking lot (at least at the 54th St. store), I think a drop-off at the door would delay the bus considerably. The buses would need a location close to the door where the bus can easilly leave the lot without traveling through high traffic areas. I don't think such options exist at most meijer stores.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we've gone from Rivertown having one of the best drop off locations for Rapid bus riders, to a location equal to most other shopping destinations, to the best drop off location for Rapid riders.

How did they become so evil just because they tried to address a problem? Is it possible Rivertown tried to work out a solution before this hit the media, ITP wouldn't budge so Rivertown forced ITP's hand and moved the bus stop.

In my opinion Rivertown should now be celebrated for having the absolute best drop-off location in the metro area.

So we've gone from Rivertown having one of the best drop off locations for Rapid bus riders, to a location equal to most other shopping destinations, to the best drop off location for Rapid riders.

How did they become so evil just because they tried to address a problem? Is it possible Rivertown tried to work out a solution before this hit the media, ITP wouldn't budge so Rivertown forced ITP's hand and moved the bus stop.

In my opinion Rivertown should now be celebrated for having the absolute best drop-off location in the metro area.

At first people were upset that the bus stop moved, but what hurt this situation the most was the fact that Randy Zimmerman just kept sticking his foot in his mouth deeper each time he spoke of the situation.

Lets just say the PR on this situation was handled very poorly from the start, and I hope its a learning experience for everyone.

I did take a trip the River Town Crossings for a vist to Barn and Noble Booksellers. I saw buses picking up and droping off pessengers at the entrence under the movie theater which I think is a better location than the bus stop location before this hub bub started up. So even though Zimmerman's rude language still leaves some black marks I'm officially lifting my boycott on the mall since RAPID riders ended up the clear winners of this ordeal when all was said and done with.

He makes mention of no specific locations. Here's what he said:

Rankings aside, I submit we need to be equally dismayed and rightfully outraged in the bad bus stops that exist and continue to be built today. Most of these are located in areas that were simply built for cars, not people. As one drives up and down 28th Street, take a look at some of these stops. Many are just bus stop posts placed in the middle of a grassy area surrounded by curbs. What

Archived