Pines Road corridor

dimebag1980

Looks like this may be Shreveport's next major retail hub. With tons of hotels and some office complexes, such as Harry Partterson Tower, and the proximity to I-20, I-220, and the Shreveport Regional Airport, this is one extremely attractive area for future development.

I've stumbed across an advertisement for a complete overhaul and expansion of Eighty Pines Shopping Center, which would be renamed to Pines Crossing Shopping Center.

Here's the overhaul Eighty Pines redevelopment concept:

http://www.ccimnet.com/files/property/2100...es_Crossing.pdf

A Home Depot opened just a few months ago in this area of Shreveport, joining other well-known stores and restaurants like Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS/Pharmacy, Rite-Aid, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, etc. My prediction, for quite some time now, has been that Lowe's will follow not too far down the road, and Target is already expected to build their third metro Shreveport store there sometime within the next few years. A multiplex theater has also been rumored for that area.

All this development and proposed development has me thinking that the next 5 years will bring about a total retail explosion for this part of Shreveport.

And for the record, the photo in this PDF file is pretty outdated now, so I'm not sure just how old this is. Maybe they just used a slightly old photo for the package, but I-20 through that part of the city has been widened and filled in. The grass median showing has been gone for a couple years now, and it's nothing but a huge, wide freeway of all concrete and no grass whatsoever.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like this may be Shreveport's next major retail hub. With tons of hotels and some office complexes, such as Harry Partterson Tower, and the proximity to I-20, I-220, and the Shreveport Regional Airport, this is one extremely attractive area for future development.

I've stumbed across an advertisement for a complete overhaul and expansion of Eighty Pines Shopping Center, which would be renamed to Pines Crossing Shopping Center.

Here's the overhaul Eighty Pines redevelopment concept:

http://www.ccimnet.com/files/property/2100...es_Crossing.pdf

A Home Depot opened just a few months ago in this area of Shreveport, joining other well-known stores and restaurants like Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS/Pharmacy, Rite-Aid, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, etc. My prediction, for quite some time now, has been that Lowe's will follow not too far down the road, and Target is already expected to build their third metro Shreveport store there sometime within the next few years. A multiplex theater has also been rumored for that area.

All this development and proposed development has me thinking that the next 5 years will bring about a total retail explosion for this part of Shreveport.

And for the record, the photo in this PDF file is pretty outdated now, so I'm not sure just how old this is. Maybe they just used a slightly old photo for the package, but I-20 through that part of the city has been widened and filled in. The grass median showing has been gone for a couple years now, and it's nothing but a huge, wide freeway of all concrete and no grass whatsoever.

Hey Brian, thanks for posting this. I agree with you that the Pines Road will take off in the coming years. I think we're already starting to see a shift in developers' interests now that Youree Drive is maxing out. This could be the beginning of that next wave. Looks like this shopping center overhaul is going to happen. Any idea when?

By the way, did you see the population demographics on that development package? They're pointing up, even after a decrease from the 1990 census to the 2000 census!

Richy, thanks for responding. :) The Harry Patterson Tower is 7 floors, and you may have seen it. It's just a big glass cube. It's about as wide and deep as it is tall, so with the square panes of glass it reminds me of a giant, glass rubix cube.

Pines Road has always held potential but has never fully taken advantage of it. But with Home Depot moving in and a couple new banks, Starbucks and other major chains, I think we're seeing the beginning of something major for that area.

Archived