Won't be seen on MTV

monsoon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad video. I don't see why it wouldn't be shown on MTV, where you can watch all kinds of mindless drivel. But doesn't the fact that you can watch it on YouTube kind of negate the whole censorship issue anyway? It's not like you can't see it anywhere. Perhaps MTV is not being a very good steward of the airwaves by giving in to the censors? But the bigger question might be, has MTV and VH1 dwindled into the obscure "old-school" media world?

Not a bad video. I don't see why it wouldn't be shown on MTV, where you can watch all kinds of mindless drivel. But doesn't the fact that you can watch it on YouTube kind of negate the whole censorship issue anyway? It's not like you can't see it anywhere. Perhaps MTV is not being a very good steward of the airwaves by giving in to the censors? But the bigger question might be, has MTV and VH1 dwindled into the obscure "old-school" media world?

If a video is censored by the mainstream media, the vast majority of the population will never know of its existence. Those who will see it on YouTube are those who actively make the effort to find it. Virtually all of these people already agree with its premise, seriously diminishing its opportunity to "provoke and challenge accepted thought."

The textbook definition of fascism is, in large part, an unwavering glorification of the military. If a video about the negative effects of military violence is too scandalous to air, what does that say about our society?

The people who watch MTV want Road Rules and Real World Road Rules Challenge. They want stories about Brittany and any moran pop star that the execs can create. Showing this on MTV would get the message to a few, but I think the vast majority of their viewers wouldn't take the time to "get it". When does MTV show music videos anyway?

I think it is an amazing video that shows what most Americans don't want to think about. It's a shame when something that tells the truth, points out what we all already know, and doesn't have actual blood / guts / nudity will be censored.

Yep...and MTV had to create "MTV2" to show music videos because of all the garbage choking up the orginal MTV. But even MTV2 sucks now and probably has been sucking even before I caught the few glimps of it.

^ yeah, no one would be able to watch it anyway. They only show videos from like 3am to 8am. And, i can guarantee this wouldnt end up on TRL.

Yeah, im tired of mtv as well. I pretty much watch fuse instead of it now.

It just makes me wonder how much of what's out there is censored without us knowing any the better?

Or how about more passive censorship.. like CNN not showing the carnage or bloodshed that occurs daily in Iraq that often gets shown in other places throughout the world.

It amazes me how many people will support our "war on terror" but don't want to see what that really means in the form of pictures.

Ignorance really is bliss... and nobody knows ignorant bliss better than Americans.

Although I can't do much for the video, as a DJ the remix by Benny Benassi has become one of my recent faves and I'll more likely than not be spinning it whenever I DJ. (The remix doesn't chop up the original into something it wasn't, it's a very well done adaptation to turn the track into a club-friendly format, brining it into the Trance genre with a little bit of a breakbeat and a small amount of electro thrown in. The vocals in their entirety are completely preserved.)

I also know Armin van Buuren played it in his weekly show a few weeks ago.. which is heard worldwide.

It'll never be shown on MTV because they don't have anything to do with music anymore.

For example,

Real World/Road Rules Challenge is a show about reality TV has-beens. It has nothing to do with music.

Sweet Sixteen is a show about teenage girls with rich fathers. It has nothing to do with music.

Pimp My Ride is a show about cars. It has nothing to do with music.

I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Amazing how a once somewhat "anti-establishment" cable channel is now too scared to show this rather innocuous video. Spineless. Absolutely spineless.

It'll never be shown on MTV because they don't have anything to do with music anymore.

For example,

Real World/Road Rules Challenge is a show about reality TV has-beens. It has nothing to do with music.

Sweet Sixteen is a show about teenage girls with rich fathers. It has nothing to do with music.

Pimp My Ride is a show about cars. It has nothing to do with music.

I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Amazing how a once somewhat "anti-establishment" cable channel is now too scared to show this rather innocuous video. Spineless. Absolutely spineless.

Archived