Franklin's McEwen Place

ATLBrain

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project really reminds me of a shopping area that I worked in during college in Atlanta called the forum on peachtree parkway. This would be a little bigger though. Make the comparisons for yourself:

The forum development group

Areas like these are popping up all over surburban USA. They tend to be very profitable. I'm happy with that because they look ages better than a big box surrounded by an even bigger parking lot. I'm referring of course to shopping malls (also very profitable).

This project really reminds me of a shopping area that I worked in during college in Atlanta called the forum on peachtree parkway. This would be a little bigger though. Make the comparisons for yourself:

The forum development group

Areas like these are popping up all over surburban USA. They tend to be very profitable. I'm happy with that because they look ages better than a big box surrounded by an even bigger parking lot. I'm referring of course to shopping malls (also very profitable).

^ jeez I guess you have to see it in person I guess. When I said it reminded me of it, I was talking about the outdoor part and the visual look. The forum isn't as big as this will be. As far as being upscale though: when I worked at barnes and noble, I had people come in all the time that paid with American express black (the card that you have to prove that you make 1 million bucks a year to get). Dont get much more upscale class of people than that.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we are looking at the future of suburban style development in this project. It's looks greats and, yes, it's much more dense. Higher land prices will dictate more and more of this type development, and I, for one, think it's a step in the right direction. Also, projects such as this will result in less suburban sprawl than would otherwise occur if all future development were to continue to be spread out among massive parking lots as they have been for too long.

Archived