NW: Any subdivisions looking like 1920s style?

misskelliecmu

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say "1920's" style, are you talking about the "Neo-traditional" neighborhood look?

suburban.jpg

You must be talking about Bosgraaf's community on the South side of Holland, and the one on the Southeast side of Sparta (can't think of the name or developer)?

I haven't heard of anything similar coming to the NW side of GR, other than possible neo-traditional style townhomes at the proposed Orchard Park village (4 Mile & Walker area). I think that there is one "proposed" in the Comstock Park area off of Pine Island North of 7 Mile (??). (someone else might know exactly).

Why don't you just buy a home in the GR city limits of you like that style?

That's the style we love, the Neo-Traditional.

Would love to buy a traditional 1920's bungalow but we need to be in the NW side of town for our jobs (I'm an hour north, DH is an hour south). I love the homes in the Richmond Park area but everytime we talk to poeple about moving over there they keep on stating"Grand Rapids Public Schools are not good". Unfortunately, we both are transplants so I have no idea how the schools are down there, we kind of depend on others opinions. I would like to put my future kidos in public schools.

Would love to buy a traditional 1920's bungalow but we need to be in the NW side of town for our jobs (I'm an hour north, DH is an hour south). I love the homes in the Richmond Park area but everytime we talk to poeple about moving over there they keep on stating"Grand Rapids Public Schools are not good". Unfortunately, we both are transplants so I have no idea how the schools are down there, we kind of depend on others opinions. I would like to put my future kidos in public schools.

Okay, remember though...We are childless...when you move into an area, it's important to talk to people. So that's what we did, and disscussed it with the relators we have been working with. We are currently renting in the NW area. I've talked to a few close friends who have children and they state that it's nearly impossible to get into a great school up here.

It's refreshing to hear that there are some good schools up here. I too agree that the bungalows in the neo-traditional are overpriced but that's the style that I enjoy.

If anyone can enlighten me about the schools, please point me to some resources, I would love to hear about it.

Archived