Show your Urban Design ideas in pictures

tamias6

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they look like they are on newspaper? thats awesome. I agree though I rather have a huge cluster, it is so much more impressive when all together. If you see Houston's skyline or buildings it would be so much more impressive if they were together and spread along a long way.

375596837_2ea96088ea_b.jpg

and then add this section to that also...

278040524_73daf0968f_b.jpg

:thumbsup: Exactly dgreco! Houston is great example! I would need a much longer piece of newspaper to imulate Houston's never ending multiple skylines. If Uptown(Galleria) were a CBD alone it would be the U.S. 14th Largest! The fact they have the Tallest Skyscraper outside a CBD (Williams Tower,903ft') is very impressive

Imagine what Galveston TX(island) 40 miles SE of Houston would look like with all those Skyscrapers?? It was said to be the southern version of Manhattan dating way back in the 1890's. Then the Great Hurricane of 1899?? wiped Galveston out. They then decided to move everything up to the swamps that is now known as Houston.

Even the Texas Medical Center District's Skyline in Houston was do many downtown cities proud!

I try to visit Houston very year! It would be very easy to post great urban pics everyday.

you should makea bigger one and post it, and houston is amazing I also was looking around it looks like they have about another 40 projects currently. unlike LA who is spreading out and not up, Houston is still going up while spreading out, should be impressive if it ever "reaches" capacity, in the way that NYC has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I am a 32 yr. old female who's been practicing interior design for the past 7 years. I hold a BFA degree in interior design. I have always thought of expanding my studies and practice in either architecture and/or urban planning/design down the road.....well, I have now approached this crossroad where I'm leaning towards urban planning. I have also entered an international seminar/competition in urban planning in Daegu, Korea during my college years and was very inspired by the "big picture" and the complexities that shapes places, etc. I was wondering if you know of anyone who has successfully transitioned from such a field? I know that being an interior designer would actually hurt my chances in getting into some of the architecture programs. Would this be true in getting into an urban planning master's program? Thanks for your time.

Archived