Around Chicago

NCB

I was up in Chicago for a couple of days last week, and I absolutely loved the city. It was my first time in Chicago, and I hope to go back many, many times! I honestly don't see a single reason why you can't not like that city, it's just an awesome town. Anyway, here are about 60 of my photos from Chicago, most of them from inside the Loop. Enjoy! :)

img8185borderbl1.jpg

"All rails lead to Chicago"

img8202bordernc9.jpg

IMG_8224BW.jpg

IMG_8238border.jpg

IMG_8259border.jpg

IMG_8251border.jpg

IMG_8292border.jpg

IMG_8311border.jpg

IMG_8314border.jpg

IMG_8325border.jpg

IMG_8319border.jpg

IMG_8326board.jpg

IMG_8347border.jpg

IMG_8356BW.jpg

IMG_8370border.jpg

IMG_8376border.jpg

IMG_8388border.jpg

I didn't have a tripod with me, so some of these night shots may be a bit blurry

IMG_8468border.jpg

IMG_8390border.jpg

IMG_8490border.jpg

IMG_8510border.jpg

IMG_8555border.jpg

IMG_8578border.jpg

IMG_8594border.jpg

IMG_8620border.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job Nate. Very impressive shots across the board. No wonder Chicago is a called the "birthplace" of the skyscraper. The Chicago River almost looks unreal flowing thru that urban jungle. Millenium Park looked cool too! How was going on top of Sears Tower>>still the world's tallest building IMO. No other building has actual floor level as high.

DC, Charlotte, New Orleans, Atlanta, and now Chi-Town. Very impressive travel resume this past year! Keep them urban photo's comin' :thumbsup:

That shot 5th from the bottom is perfect with the John Hancock Bldg. in the background.

Good stuff! I second that Chicago's a great city. I'm no fan of big, big cities, but if I had to pick one to live in, Chicago would get a hard look. It's a great place with a great feel, much more vibrant than I had ever thought. Oh! And I got some of those same shots (like the one looking northeast at the rest of the Loop + River North, etc.) from the Sears Tower, it's a great view. Glad you had a good time! I'm hankerin to go back again now...

Thanks for the replies, everyone! GRDad, I was very fortunate with the weather up there. Driving up I went through a ton of sleet in southern Illinois, but as soon as I got to Chicago everything cleared up. Those few days when I was there were supposedly some of the nicest that Chicago had seen all year. Perfectly clear and bright blue skies, temperatures in the upper 40's and low 50's, and a nice breeze. It was beautiful!

Very nice. I see you visited both the Sears Skydeck and the Hancock Observatory. Which did you prefer?

• 4 weeks later...

Nice pics.

Lake Michigan is awesome. If you ever go in the summer, make sure you go swimming in it. Its cold, but refreshing.

Ive heard that you can see the chicago skyline fromthe sand dunes along the beach in extreme southwester Michigan. Tha would be a sight to see.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived