Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tamias6

Microsoft Zune

The Microsoft Zune Portable Media Player   7 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Zune an iPod killer

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares. I still listen to my beloved 8-tracks.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Here is a Wikipedia Article about the recently released Microsoft Zune portable media player.

Linky

Will it be an iPod killer?

You decide.

i voted no simply because of apple's monopolistic behavior with the itunes/ipod fairplay thing and their unwillingness to license fairplay to other vendors, locking in anyone who uses itunes to the ipod. this isn't an issue of which is the better mp3 player, like many try to make it (which is, at least from reviews i've read, still the ipod, although the zune does seem to be a nifty device). if i were to buy an mp3 player, it would be neither the ipod, nor the zune, but probably an iriver. the whole itunes/ipod thing has turned this person who was, at one time, really interested in buying an apple laptop into an anti-apple person equating apple to nothing more than the microsoft of digital music.

no, because everybody knows what an ipod is, and most people have probobly never heard of the Zune.

It might, but Microsoft better have a perfect customer service and maintanence track record with this new MP3/MP4 device. Some manufacturers such as RCA, Panasonic, and even Apple have shown to have poor track records IMO with their digital music devices.

It might, but Microsoft better have a perfect customer service and maintanence track record with this new MP3/MP4 device. Some manufacturers such as RCA, Panasonic, and even Apple have shown to have poor track records IMO with their digital music devices.