Water Skiing Neighborhood for Charlotte

monsoon

I am always amazed at the demographics in our area that could support something such as this, but apparently there is a development going in that is going to have its own artificial private water skiing lake. This will be like a golf community except that instead of golf courses it will have a 2000 ft long lake with two islands for turn around and a slalom course in the middle. This will be just one of 100 courses like this in the USA.

They are building this community because it has become impossible to ski now on Lake Norman with all of the traffic on it.

There is some more information here.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an interesting concept, but it seems to me that this is symbolic of what I think is wrong with modern exurban development. The premium is placed on isolation and exclusivity, rather than connectedness and the like.

It is still cool. But also still excessive.

It sounds like fun. Water Skiing is a blast but I have never been very good at it :blush: Have always found it difficult to stay up longer than a few seconds :lol: The concept is certainly distinctive and as niche as you can get. I suppose it will also draw people that just like water views. I wonder what's next? A neighborhood for bungee jumpers? That could get hazardous though.

I always wanted to develop a subdivision for Nascar Fans. Call it "Race Acres". Put it somewhere in the middle of nowhere. You enter the neighborhood which has just one main road, and it is of course an oval. You can get a lot on the inside, or infield, or you the outside. You can choose to be on turn 1, 2, 3, or 4...

You could also get a lot on the only interior road, Pit Row, and your lot could coincide with your favorite drivers location in the pits.

:) think they'll be lining up to buy faster than waterski fans?

Well....it's similar to something I've had in mind for a while, which is a full race course (roadway, not banked oval) country club. I recently heard the first one is being planned in rural Georgia. Instead of a golf course, residents can drive their Ferrari's, Porsche's, etc on a close racetrack.

Union or Iredell counties would be good candidates.

Archived