Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

IN-PROGRESS: Mandarin Oriental Hotel & Residences

14 posts in this topic

Mandarin001.jpg

Mandarin002.jpg

Mandarin003.gif

I thought there was a thread about this project somewhere, but I can't find it. I was in Boston yesterday and took some photos of the progress on this project.

Mandarin Oriental Boston, opening July 2008.

2006-1125_madarin001.jpg

2006-1125_madarin002.jpg

2006-1125_madarin003.jpg

2006-1125_madarin004.jpg

2006-1125_madarin005.jpg

2006-1125_madarin006.jpg

Thanks for the photos.....the steel framing is really coming along quickly (as steel buildings usually do). This thing was just a hole in the ground for so long.

This project really does a lot for correcting the problems the Prudential Center created in the urban landscape. I'll be eager to see what retailers they line up (though I'm guessing they won't be places that I frequent).

Thanks for the photos- I had walked past this more than once wondering what they were building.

This should be a great addition to the urban landscape around the Pru. Now what are they going to do with the Pru itself? It's hideous.

Now what are they going to do with the Pru itself? It's hideous.

Is that awful restaurant still on top? Bad food, great view.

From today's Globe.

The buyer of Boston's most expensive condominium, the $14.3 million penthouse at the swank Residences at Mandarin under construction at the Prudential Center, sued the developers to get out of the deal, saying the unit doesn't have enough light.

The tiara-esque structure above the hotel's entryway is very interesting. Or, maybe it could be akin to a wave of metal... cool!

The first crane was removed from the site last week, and the second is being taken down today. I guess its safe to say it's been topped out. Still not in the way of a facade yet, but overall, I like the scale.

Beneath the netting shrouding the building, I saw that they have begun installing the brick facade on the 3rd floor....still no word on potential retailers.

L'Espalier, Boston's most upscale restaurant, announced that it will be moving from it's current Back Bay brownstone home on Gloucester St., to the Mandarin Oriental when it opens next summer. It will double in size with the move.

I believe this is the first announced retail tenant.

These photos are today of the eastern tower of the complex.

post-1289-1180129184_thumb.jpg

The brick is almost to the top. :thumbsup:

post-1289-1180129170_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1180129170_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1180129184_thumb.jpg

L'Espalier, Boston's most upscale restaurant, announced that it will be moving from it's current Back Bay brownstone home on Gloucester St., to the Mandarin Oriental when it opens next summer. It will double in size with the move.

I believe this is the first announced retail tenant.