Greater Boston Photo Thread

Flash

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Part 2</span><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(This thread is quite a large one)</span>

Don't mind me, girls. Continue your shopping.

bos158.jpg

bos148.jpg

bos34.jpg

T Stops a little dead at 12:30 AM

bos80.jpg

bos81.jpg

6.jpg

bos82.jpg

bos94.jpg

bos72.jpg

bos51.jpg

bos90.jpg

John Hancock.....its Herbie Hancock....Deeeeeeeeee!

bos91.jpg

bos92.jpg

bos95.jpg

4.jpg

bos97.jpg

bos98.jpg

bos99.jpg

bos100.jpg

bos102.jpg

Commence North End Shots

bos103.jpg

bos104.jpg

bos105.jpg

bos106.jpg

bos107.jpg

Edited by Cotuit

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, well this thread sort of stole my thunder with pictures.... fortunately it looks like ctman spent most of his time in Back Bay, which is an area that I didn't get to visit. I spend most of my time in downtown (I'm not sure if that is the proper term for the area... maybe the Financial District is more appropriate)... and Beacon Hill, with a side trip to Caimbridge, which I guess I will post in the other thread. So anyway, my pictures generally don't overlap with his. I started my journey from South Station, coming from the Cape. Enjoy!

In front of South Station

DSC00542.jpg

Congress St

DSC00543.jpg

The Federal Reserve

DSC00546.jpg

from Atlantic Ave

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

State St

DSC00550.jpg

The North End somewhere

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

The old State House

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

Quincy Market area

DSC00559.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

State St

DSC00561.jpg

Milk St (I think)

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00564.jpg

Milk St at Post Office Sq Park

DSC00565.jpg

Great photos Spartan

Nice job. Do you especially like hotels? I noticed that you pointed out many of them.

I pointed a out a lot of the hotels because I feel Boston has a very competitive (which is a good thing) hotel scene that includes both big name hotels (westin, hilton, sheraton, marriott, holiday inn, etc.) as well as numerous smaller chain and/ or independantly owned & operated hotels (colonnade, copley square hotel, lenox, fairmont copley plaza, boston park plaza hotel & towers etc.). I love to see independantly owned & operated hotels in a city because they are usually the most intresting (housed in old buildings, have some kind of a story to them, etc)

Great photos Spartan

I pointed a out a lot of the hotels because I feel Boston has a very competitive (which is a good thing) hotel scene that includes both big name hotels (westin, hilton, sheraton, marriott, holiday inn, etc.) as well as numerous smaller chain and/ or independantly owned & operated hotels (colonnade, copley square hotel, lenox, fairmont copley plaza, boston park plaza hotel & towers etc.). I love to see independantly owned & operated hotels in a city because they are usually the most intresting (housed in old buildings, have some kind of a story to them, etc)

I stayed at the Colonnade last weekend and it was wonderful. The rooftop pool, the location, and the restaurant (Brasserie Jo or something?) were all excellent. I'd recommend it.

• 5 weeks later...

I LOVE BOSTON!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GO THERE!!!! PLEASE, KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING!!!!

I noticed Boston had NO picture of the day thread like Providence and Detroit and a few other places do....

Make this the one!!!! Keep the photos coming!!!! Theyre great!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some of Flash's photos above weren't showing due to the per post photo limit, so I quoted them below:

bos109.jpg

Go to Ernesto's if you in the North End. I had just come from there, as I do every trip. Best Pizza Ever.

bos110.jpg

bos111.jpg

This view for years was obstructed. Soon it should be a park.

bos112.jpg

bos113.jpg

bos114.jpg

bos115.jpg

bos116.jpg

Pigeons have it rough in Government Center. This is the second occasion on which I saw a Gangstaaa Seagull publicly eating a pigeon there.

bos117.jpg

bos118.jpg

bos119.jpg

bos120.jpg

bos121.jpg

bos122.jpg

bos123.jpg

bos124.jpg

bos125.jpg

bos126.jpg

bos127.jpg

Window shopping. This caught my girlfriend's eye.

bos128.jpg

The bonus:

3.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg

23.jpg

Thanks if you made it through.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

These pictures illustrate the beauty of Boston for me, the mix of traditional and modern.

Pardon my ignorance but I'm not from around these parts ;)

The 9th picture down: where is that area? Looks really expensive. Is it Back Bay, Commonwealth Avenue or none of the above?

Looks like the kind of place professionals would live, like doctors and the such like.

Anyone have any interior shots of those places, links etc? I'd appreciate a peek..lol.

Edited by Paul UK

Yep...that's Commonwealth Ave. in Back Bay...it's either the 1st or 2nd block in from the Public Garden....it's fairly pricey, but those brownstones are mostly split up into a range of studios to 2 bedroom units. A studio can be as low as $250k with a 2br running about $1.5M....some of the places are still single family homes that will run in the $5M-$15M range.

Yep...that's Commonwealth Ave. in Back Bay...it's either the 1st or 2nd block in from the Public Garden....it's fairly pricey, but those brownstones are mostly split up into a range of studios to 2 bedroom units. A studio can be as low as $250k with a 2br running about $1.5M....some of the places are still single family homes that will run in the $5M-$15M range.
Edited by Paul UK