Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swampfox43

Gwinnett Daily Post article on Charlotte

10 posts in this topic

Often, we in Charlotte talk about the perils of becoming another Atlanta. Yet, many of us in Charlotte still enjoy taking that weekend jaunt down I-85 now & then to experience the excitement of the city.

A writer for the Gwinnett Daily Post suggests Charlotte as a nice weekend getaway. Too bad he forgot to mention the new White Water Park. I imagine this will become a national draw for the Charlotte area.

article

Often, we in Charlotte talk about the perils of becoming another Atlanta. Yet, many of us in Charlotte still enjoy taking that weekend jaunt down I-85 now & then to experience the excitement of the city.

A writer for the Gwinnett Daily Post suggests Charlotte as a nice weekend getaway. Too bad he forgot to mention the new White Water Park. I imagine this will become a national draw for the Charlotte area.

article

If I lived in Gwinnett, I wouldn't be able to get out fast enough after 5pm on a Friday, that place is insane!!! Good and complimentary article though! :thumbsup:

Even though A2 makes some excellent points....

Concerning the "well-kept secret" part, I don't think it's entirely inaccurate, particularly if we're speaking from a national perspective. It really has only been relatively recently that Charlotte started getting the exposure it's been getting lately.

I don't understand. Why would they drive all the way to Charlotte for stores and restuarants they already have? Buckhead/Lenox/Phipps...Discover Mills...Changs, Cheesecake, etc.

If you visit Charlotte during December, you

The overall tone of the article was positive in it's description of everything our thriving burg offers. It's nice to get good coverage from ATL media for a change. Usually we are described as their upstart copycat little brother :shades:

Too bad he forgot to mention the new White Water Park. I imagine this will become a national draw for the Charlotte area.

Great article. why not go to the same places in a different city you have right down the street? It gives you a since of familiarity with a change of scenery :)

Well, the new white water park was in Popular Science this month in the issue of the 100 best of 2006.

Great article. why not go to the same places in a different city you have right down the street? It gives you a since of familiarity with a change of scenery :)