Favorite Local Restaurants

rnc

What are everyone's favorite restaurants in the Huntsville area? Local chains with a few places are fair game, but no national chains.

Here are a few of mine:

Lucciano's (Italian)

Hildegard's (German)

Thomas Pit (BBQ, the ribs are amazing)

Le Bistro du Soleil (fancy French restaurant DT great for special occassions)

Jamo's (Middle Eastern, love that Gyro)

Humphrey's (great for lunch, great bar and patio)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta love Gibson's. Now that you mention it, I think I'll go there for lunch for a BBQ baked potato. I like Gibson's for their pulled pork and chicken, but I go to Thomas Pit when I need a rib fix. I use to love Sazio's, but lately it has been hit and miss in both service and food. I like Rosie's, it is great for large groups and kids. The atmosphere can't be beat. However, I wish we had a more authentic Mexican place. One thing that I've noticed in Rosie's is that there isn't a single Mexican person eating there.

I'm more of a chain resturant guy, so I don't go to too many local restaurants. Except for barbecue- chains can't make BBQ the same as a shack in the middle of nowhere. I like the two barbecue shacks out in Maysville- Old Hickory and Mary's (I think thats the name).

Catfish Cabin is a good restaurant. I know, its in Albertville, but every time I'm down there, I make sure to eat there.

Togo's and FourMc's were pretty good, but they're closed now :( .

I'm more of a chain resturant guy, so I don't go to too many local restaurants. Except for barbecue- chains can't make BBQ the same as a shack in the middle of nowhere. I like the two barbecue shacks out in Maysville- Old Hickory and Mary's (I think thats the name).

Catfish Cabin is a good restaurant. I know, its in Albertville, but every time I'm down there, I make sure to eat there.

Togo's and FourMc's were pretty good, but they're closed now :( .

just as everybody hates wal-mart and nobody watches tv, i really do try not to eat at the chains...except for krispy kreme and in-n-out...

is green hills grill(e?) still located just south of university? i used to eat there some and liked it, though it was a little overpriced. i don't mind paying a lot of money for good food sometimes; i just won't pay for haughty attitude or a wait in line (a la outback, macaroni, all the other supposed 'nice' chains).

i used to go to the mill on - if i remember correctly - jordan lane. i know many of the mill's locations closed down, but i never found out if the entire business went under. are there still any mill locations in huntsville? i never thought of it as a chain, despite its having multiple locations in several cities. their baked items remind me of the donut hole mini-chain of restaurants along the gulf coast. great cake-style donuts.

a lot of my friends used to like tim's cajun kitchen, though i didn't see what the big deal was when i went 12 years ago. is that place still in huntsville, and is it any good?

big bob's brunswick stew is great. i think the stuffed potatoes are done better elsewhere (sacrilege!). i like the ones at johnny's bbq in cullman. bbq is a divisive topic, though, so to each his own.

Archived