H.G.Hills Viridian

it's just dave

Here's the design rendering from the CityPaper today.

The caption read:

"Nashville-based S&C Foods Inc. has unvelied he interior design of its downtown H.G. Hills Urban Market to operate from the first floor of the Viridian and slated to open in January. Kansas City-Based AWG Design Group has created the market's interior, which will feature large columns, modern metals, 30-foot ceilings and an old-fashioned rolling ladder to allow for the accessing of groceries shelved on the walls."

Looks very nice. Might be just the place to stop on the way home and pick up a few things.

HillMkt.jpg

This should really help the folks already living in the area.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you're right, I don't think parking is a consideration here. When I stop, I know I'll be on my own in finding a spot somewhere, but for the experience, I'm willing to walk some blocks. This is a big, big step for Church St. I usually go home through downtown, so I'm hoping to visit it from time to time.

My stays in NYC have almost always been within close proximity of similar markets. It's a nice amenity to have close by and I'm sure hotel guests in the vicinty are certainly going to appreciate this. Downtown office workers will also find it handy. People often stop at the grocery on their way home anyway. It would be nice to postpone the commute for a while, have some coffee, do some shopping and get on the road after the main rush. I'm excited about Church St. and the new life starting to happen there. The bookending with the AmeriSuites will add even more. This is great. Happy New Year Nashville.

This is exactly the kind of development I want in Midtown. The derelict buildings from 19th to Lyle (excluding the apartment building) could be razed to make way for a new building to house a small grocery store like this, a liquor store, and some apartments above. If there's not going to be a grocery/market in the retail portion of the Adelicia, then maybe this will happen. I really want this neighborhood eyesore to be replaced, and a small grocery would be welcome.

This is exactly the kind of development I want in Midtown. The derelict buildings from 19th to Lyle (excluding the apartment building) could be razed to make way for a new building to house a small grocery store like this, a liquor store, and some apartments above. If there's not going to be a grocery/market in the retail portion of the Adelicia, then maybe this will happen. I really want this neighborhood eyesore to be replaced, and a small grocery would be welcome.

I love the design and think the size is perfect! This IS a sidewalk market, and anyone that is concerned about parking should shop elsewhere. I hope we see more of these as well as a few delicatesents in the coming years. IMO, the only difference that I expect in reality as opposed to the rendering is slightly taller shelves. They will probably be more shoulder or head height to maximize space.

That's a great design! When I was in San Juan I visited an urban Pueblo grocery store in Old San Juan. It was small but had a better selection of food than most Kroger stores do - LOL!

I'd also like to see either Whole Foods or Fresh Market (preferable BOTH) open in downtown at some point.

If I lived back in Nashville, I would purchase in the Viridian or something close to it and shop there, ultra convenient. Nashville and Atlanta will look very similar by 2020. BTW, I took interest into the Viridian, and took a tour. Ther view from the pool on top is to die for, and is extremely spectacular. IMO, the parking garages across from Suntrust Plaza and behind Viridian, they gotta go, to good of land and the parking can go below ground and build some fantastic condos or hotels, or combo. All surface parking in downtown and West End, it's gotta go.

Archived