Dover&Kohl College Ave Sketch

dlewis

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That style of rendering looks familiar but I don't think those actual ones have been posted on here. Although I think maybe some that are somewhat similar in style have. I'm not even sure if what I'm thinking of was referring to College Ave or not. I've posted some stuff in the Fayetteville City Plan 2025 topic a while back. I'll take a look in there and see what I can find.

There's a couple of pics on the first page of this topic. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...=21695&st=0

There's also some stuff in this pdf file. Although be warned it's pretty big and might take a while to download it all.

http://cityplan2025.accessfayetteville.org...resentation.pdf

I'm just wondering how long it will take before some of the growth going on around the Dickson St area will eventually move over to the College Ave area. It seems to me that at least some of College Ave would be ripe for redevelopment. I'm not expecting it all to be changed overnight but you'd think at least some sections of it could be worked on in the near future.

I'm just wondering how long it will take before some of the growth going on around the Dickson St area will eventually move over to the College Ave area. It seems to me that at least some of College Ave would be ripe for redevelopment. I'm not expecting it all to be changed overnight but you'd think at least some sections of it could be worked on in the near future.

That's a good question. Dead Swanky, the hair place, certainly is a nice addition at the head of Dickson at College. They spent a nice chunk renovating the old restaurant that was there. I sure would like to see more of that. Seems only natural. Tho, the churches and post office are a bit of a barrier between College and the rest of Dickson. That could stop the spread to College.

M

Autozone is on Maple and College, north of Lafayette. The Terminella Building (horrible name--sounds like a bad disease) is on the south side of Lafayette. It is very modern--looks a little out of place to me--but is at least a decent building.

I was really disappointed that this building didn't adopt more of the Dover-Kohl elements. It was built in the year after the Downtown Master Plan charrettes. The building is set back from the street, the green space doesn't really look usable or public, and it doesn't seem to adhere to any of elements that promote pedestrian friendly, walkability. When you review the D-K sketches of College & Lafayette one of the biggest difference between existing and vision is the location of the buildings to the street.

Archived