Creepy Video of Alien in Mexico

mcheiss

You obviously know nothing about this guy, and you merely quoted him to lend yourself credibility. In fact, some of your quotes show you don't even understand what you're quotinq ("To me, there is no evidence of such a God, and what's more there is something impious about it. Why must God constantly intervene? Why couldn't he have gotten it right in the first place? That is not an omnipotent and omniscient God who has to constantly meddle to fix things.")

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've watched enough episodes of Cosmos to know that Carl Sagan would never confirm nor deny the existance of God. One of his best episodes of Cosmos had him saying that he believes science and religion could work well together and not be seperated by intolerance and lack of understanding. I don't have his exact quote or the episode number, but if you've watched as much Cosmos as I have you wouldn't need them. I for one am pleased that an "agnostic" like Carl Sagan had such an open mind and not blinded by intolerance and lack of understanding that many others display.

1. How does watching episodes of Cosmos tell you that he's the type of person that would never confirm nor deny the existence of God?

2. Further, the very reason why Sagan would never confirm nor deny the existence of God is because he's agnostic.

Agnostic: One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.

3. There is an innate intolerance that comes with believing religion, which Sagan has addressed before. When you are religious, you say your way is the right way, and that nonbelievers are heretical and going to hell.

Here's what Sagan had to say about religion:

4. You say I can believe what I want, but I am not "believing" these characterizations of Sagan. You can see in plain sight from this quote that Sagan thought religions were close-minded and petty. It doesn't require any false interpretation of his work.

Archived