Columbia Golf Resort

TheCarolinaKing

I have been wondering for a while, with Columbia having such great golf activity, why is there no Golf Resort in the Columbia Area. :blush: I have been to a few golf resorts (Grandover in Greensboro and Ballentyne in Charlotte) and thought to myself, the Columbia area could really use one of there. :thumbsup: I think it would add tourism and boost the area economics. Most of our Golf Courses are deep inside neighborhoods, but I think a resort type venue would really add something great.

Also, there have been several instances while watching TV, I see comercials for Golfing and Golf resorts in Alabama and Georgia. :angry: IMO it sucks that Columbia doesn't have this to offer, so these other areas are profitting off of Golf Lovers from SC.

I know there are places in other parts of the state, but I am not aware of any in the Columbia area if there are any. If there aren't there should definately be one! :whistling:

What do you all think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know several people who come regularly from the northeast to play Timberlake on Lake Murray, and plenty of people from elsewhere who find it a great great course - one of their favorite - spectacular with all the water. It's a well kept secret, so don't spread the word too much... Not a resort, though, which is not a bad thing.

There are alot of golf courses in the Santee area, not far from Columbia and there ar lots of courses around town, but not any dedicated resorts. I find golf boring, so it doesn't bother me. When I want to take a nap on a weekend I turn on golf on TV - it puts me right to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived