Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCarolinaKing

Columbia Golf Resort

I have been wondering for a while, with Columbia having such great golf activity, why is there no Golf Resort in the Columbia Area. :blush: I have been to a few golf resorts (Grandover in Greensboro and Ballentyne in Charlotte) and thought to myself, the Columbia area could really use one of there. :thumbsup: I think it would add tourism and boost the area economics. Most of our Golf Courses are deep inside neighborhoods, but I think a resort type venue would really add something great.

Also, there have been several instances while watching TV, I see comercials for Golfing and Golf resorts in Alabama and Georgia. :angry: IMO it sucks that Columbia doesn't have this to offer, so these other areas are profitting off of Golf Lovers from SC.

I know there are places in other parts of the state, but I am not aware of any in the Columbia area if there are any. If there aren't there should definately be one! :whistling:

What do you all think?

krazeeboi    115

It could work, but with the stiff coastal competition, I don't know how much of a success it would be. Proper planning and marketing would make all the difference here.

sojay    0

I know several people who come regularly from the northeast to play Timberlake on Lake Murray, and plenty of people from elsewhere who find it a great great course - one of their favorite - spectacular with all the water. It's a well kept secret, so don't spread the word too much... Not a resort, though, which is not a bad thing.

waccamatt    8

There are alot of golf courses in the Santee area, not far from Columbia and there ar lots of courses around town, but not any dedicated resorts. I find golf boring, so it doesn't bother me. When I want to take a nap on a weekend I turn on golf on TV - it puts me right to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz