Giuliani and Obama are tops!

MadVlad

I actually got called for this poll, so this is pretty cool. According to a new Quinnipiac University poll, John Kerry hasn't a shot in hell of getting the Presidential nod for the Democrats, and the people polled really love Rudy Giuliani, Barack Obama, and John McCain, in that order. Surprising how high up Condi Rice is.

Here's the list, ranking 0-100:

1) Rudolph Giuliani 64.2

2) Sen. Barack Obama 58.8

3) Sen. John McCain 57.7

4) Condoleezza Rice 56.1

5) Bill Clinton 55.8

6) Sen. Joseph Lieberman 52.7

7) Mayor Michael Bloomberg 51.1

8) John Edwards 49.9

9) Sen. Hillary Clinton 49

10) Gov. Bill Richardson 47.7

11) Sen. Joseph Biden 47

12) Rep. Nancy Pelosi 46.9

13) Gov. Mitt Romney 45.9

14) Al Gore 44.9

15) President George Bush 43.8

16) Sen. Evan Bayh 43.3

17) Newt Gingrich 42

18) Sen. Bill Frist 41.5

19) Sen. Harry Reid 41.2

20) Sen. John Kerry 39.6

CNN story

Discuss.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giuliani is obviously popular, but could he inspire the religious right to back him in the primaries? I doubt it. I don't know how McCain is going to apologize for his many slaps in the face to Jerry Falwell....could he win evangelical right wingers' votes in the primaries? This will be very interesting.

Can Giuliani win the S.C. primary? I highly doubt it. Can McCain? Who knows.

Obama is a highly attractive gentleman, both inside and out. But can he win left wing primaries like Washington State, California, Massachusetts?

The country has quite a pronounced tendancy NOT to elect senators to the presidency.

Giuliani is obviously popular, but could he inspire the religious right to back him in the primaries? I doubt it. I don't know how McCain is going to apologize for his many slaps in the face to Jerry Falwell....could he win evangelical right wingers' votes in the primaries? This will be very interesting.

Can Giuliani win the S.C. primary? I highly doubt it. Can McCain? Who knows.

Obama is a highly attractive gentleman, both inside and out. But can he win left wing primaries like Washington State, California, Massachusetts?

The country has quite a pronounced tendancy NOT to elect senators to the presidency.

Its really too soon to say who will win the nominations on Both sides. I remember when Howard Dean was a done deal for 2004 for the democratic nomination. In 1992, Bill Clinton was at the bottom of the polls months before the election. Clinton was nicknamed "The come back kid". Dont count out probabal 2008 candidates such as John Edwards.

Despite Giuliani's popularity, I think hes going to have trouble with conservatives on social issues as he supports pro choice and gay marriage. That could hurt his chance for a republican nomination. Also Giuliani's personal past would likely be brought up in the election. Giuliani had a mistress living in his house while he was married. Democrats will question his ethics.

Oh, bahumbug!

We yawn when we hear about secret prisons. We blink when we hear about authorized torture. A little dust is shaken off the old noggin if the talk is gas prices.... but out comes a sex scandal, and we're suited up, along with our secret girlfriends, with sword and Bible to run around and moralize the world...

Who cares about Giuliani's mistress. At least he's not a hypocrite about it, like most other Republicans that cheat and beat, but practically live in their Bibles by day.

Archived