Atlantic Park (Under Construction)

vdogg

12 minutes ago, BFG said:

I hold out hope that something will give and that the new leadership and Chamber of Commerce will bridge the gap. Of course, because it's Hampton Roads, it'll take 20 years to do this.

Just enough time for them to squeeze in two more studies lol

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I believe they took down the "No Cussing" signs following SITW as well. It looks like our little Virginia Beach may grow into a somewhat progressive vacation spot yet!

Having seen videos of the beach in the early-90s, it's interesting to see if we can go back to that, being that was not long after the infamous Greekfest controversy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can’t find any information other than this link with a paywall but a company is planning a wave park in Richmond that I’m hearing will be significantly larger than Atlantic Park’s and will begin construction this year. Curious what kind of impact this will have on the Beach’s proposal. 

7 hours ago, 23320 said:

I can’t find any information other than this link with a paywall but a company is planning a wave park in Richmond that I’m hearing will be significantly larger than Atlantic Park’s and will begin construction this year. Curious what kind of impact this will have on the Beach’s proposal. 

None at all. Richmond is land locked. The Wave Park here is meant to increase entertainment options for tourists who are coming to Virginia Beach anyway. If the plan is to come to the beach, they're not going to divert to Richmond because they have a larger wave park. It will however give people in Richmond who don't live near the beach more opportunity to practice surfing year round. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the real deal folks. Atlantic Park was submitted to planning on September 15th.

https://citizenaccess.vbgov.com/Default.aspx

Project Description:

Atlantic Park
Atlantic Park is a large mixed-use development consisting of a surf park, entertainment venue, retail, office, multifamily, urban parks and structured parking.
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Between this, a potential arena, Something in the Water, and the recent reality show about the gospel choir, I love what Pharrell and his people are doing to put the area further on the map. So far, he’s living up to the ambitious promises he told Gayle King about after SITW wrapped up in 2019  

Keep it going, and inspire others locally!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...