Between this, a potential arena, Something in the Water, and the recent reality show about the gospel choir, I love what Pharrell and his people are doing to put the area further on the map. So far, he’s living up to the ambitious promises he told Gayle King about after SITW wrapped up in 2019  

Keep it going, and inspire others locally!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have zero faith in the VB city council to go through with this. 

A great example why Virginia's whole city and county laws are messed up. There shouldn't be a need for duplicate services, and Hampton Roads should have been a collection of cities and towns surrounde

Just enough time for them to squeeze in two more studies lol

Posted Images

Do we know who the construction company for the project is yet?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's Armada Hoffler as they've been partnering with Venture on a couple projects as of late (including the Military Circle proposal) and Armada Hoffler's current project at the oceanfront (27th street apartments) is set to wrap up in the third quarter of the year.  That lines up nicely with the proposed starting date of this project, but we'll see.

Here's the link to the marketing flyer that Venture put out with the site plan at the bottom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKabq2qoAGsqakekAH6X7MAhM5t2gA_8/view?usp=sharing

I know the presentation itself is from 2020, but I wonder how old this particular rendering is, to still have the proposed arena? That fell through in what, 2017? I'm guessing the film and sound studio is through Pharrell.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 9.01.51 PM.png

34 minutes ago, BFG said:

I know the presentation itself is from 2020, but I wonder how old this particular rendering is, to still have the proposed arena? That fell through in what, 2017? I'm guessing the film and sound studio is through Pharrell.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 9.01.51 PM.png

I think this represents a mishmash of projects which like Atlantic Park which are currently in development, the Sports Center and Vibe District which already exist, and the New Pier, and Arena, which have been proposed in the past but have yet to happen. The arena was originally proposed for the site where the Sports Center was built.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Project has gone back before the planning department, for what exactly I don’t know. There is a note that it has been deferred for 30 days at the request of the developer so that they can complete a parking and traffic study.

18 hours ago, vdogg said:

Project has gone back before the planning department, for what exactly I don’t know. There is a note that it has been deferred for 30 days at the request of the developer so that they can complete a parking and traffic study.

I'm thinking this is why.... Neighbors demanded parking plan/study.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/virginia-beach-neighborhood-wants-parking-plan-for-atlantic-park-project/ar-BB1fk1SN