Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Beach or Mountains?

30 posts in this topic

SC has been blessed with miles of beautiful beaches and islands from Lowcountry charm to Myrtle Beach sun and fun. SC has also been blessed with numerous mountain views and scenic drives throughout the mountainous region of Upstate.

Just curious South Carolinians, which do you get into.....beach or mountains?

Me....basically 50/50....maybe a slight lean toward the mountains, only due to cooler temps.

^ Now that's a pretty picture. Where is that from? Kind of 50/50 for me. I can't really choose one of the other---unless it's Summer, then I'd choose the beach.

Why Thanks! That is on Lake Jocasse in the extreme W part of SC. Here is another photo from a grotto on that beautiful lake.

IMG_2475.JPG

I absolutely LOVE Lake Jocassee. It's by far the most beautiful lake in the state. The mountains are great, but I'd rather have my time on the sand of a SC beach.

Mountains, of course (although I do like the occasional jaunt to the beaches)!

Mountains are only pretty to look at. That's it. I prefer the beach much more!!!

Mountains by a long shot! :D While I enjoy vacationing along the coast occasionally, I cannot imagine living there when the mountains have so much more variety to offer me. That photo of Lake Jocasse is very nice, Metro.m! :wub:

Give me the beach. I agree with the que (nupe :D ), mountains are pretty to look at.

Give me the beach. I agree with the que (nupe :D ), mountains are pretty to look at.

yup yup, some sun, some sand, alot of water, and skin! :yahoo:

I prefer the mountains over the beach.

Mountains in SC with a beach.

IMG_2469.JPG

It's all about the oldest and the coldest. ;)

I think I need to call Dad (The Original King) and tell him to let them d@%$ DOGS loose! :shades:

Definitely the mountains! I love cool weather, and the mountains are great if you're on them (wonderful views, close to nature) as well as for a background (as you see in Greenville).

I like the beach okay, and really loved it as a kid growing up, but in the last 5 years or so it has been replaced by mountains. I don't really care for hot weather either.