Hotel Boom

northernbizzkit1

^ Thanks for the link! Glad to learn about this project. That section of buildings are an eye-sore in their current state and this rehab is about the best development I could imagine for them. Not only a nice boutique hotel, but a restaurant, coffee shop, and a bookstore, which on their own could do very well on their own. I'd definitely frequent those aspects of the project once completed on my visits.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I parked on the street right next to the Chisca after leaving a Grizzlies game last season. My kids and I saw and heard about a couple of hundred rats running out of the building into the sewage drain. I hope somebody gets that property and cleans it up. I'm sure the luxury condo owners a block away would be happy. Those rats literally scared the pee out of my youngest son :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am currently working with a developer on the new Hyatt Place in Germantown. 76,500 S.F., 4 floors and 127 rooms. I did not see that project listed anywhere in this thread. Looks like they want to start middle to end of October.

There's an article about the Hyatt Place coming to G'town in today's Daily News. Article here>>

10.8 acres in Germantown slated to become a four-story Hyatt Place hotel with four outparcels. The buyer is Silver Cos., a master land developer based in Boca Raton, Fla., and metro Washington. The parcel is at the southeast corner of Winchester and Forest Hill-Irene roads in Germantown.

"The Hyatt Place hotel is what I would refer to as a very upscale, businesspersons' hotel. It's a 127-room prototype hotel," said Dennis Weiss, executive vice president of Silver Cos.

As for the outparcels, Weiss said Silver Cos. plans to sell or lease the front three sites to banks or restaurants. The company might turn the one west of the Hyatt Place into another hotel, he said.

"Quite frankly, our owners are looking for more opportunities in the (Memphis) area. ... We like Memphis and Germantown."

Interesting, I drive by this site on my way to work everyday. It is only a minute or two off of 385, it should do well being so close to FedEx and Nike. I still think that it's a shame that all of this greenspace will be developed while the core of Memphis has so much potential for redevelopment.

Archived