The Orlando Magic Thread

bic

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 out of our four losses this year have come against Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Memphis (combined record of 15-27).

We have a 12-4 record right now so I'm not going to complain about this year's losses too much but the Magic have a long history of underperforming when playing against mediocre teams.

3 out of our four losses this year have come against Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Memphis (combined record of 15-27).

We have a 12-4 record right now so I'm not going to complain about this year's losses too much but the Magic have a long history of underperforming when playing against mediocre teams.

i agree, it's been this way since shaq left town. After that, it seemed that orlando had a difficult time putting teams away. Blowing huge leads, blowing close games in clutch situations, and playing lackadaiscally against bad teams. Fortunately, the magic have seemed to improve considerably in the 1st 2 areas i mentioned this season, but I still get nervous when they play bad teams. They almost blew the game against boston recently, when they only had 2 wins at the time. Then the loss the the grizzlies, who is ranked dead last in nba.com power rankings.

I'm not bitter about the past or anything, but the whole curse of the "shaqino" looks like it's finally starting to lift. We just can't approach any games w/ the whole easy-win attitude, or get comfortable w/ 20 pt halftime leads.

I'm also pleased w/ the improvements darko has seemed to be making.

Orlando has a huge front court now. Dwight, Darko, Ariza, and Tony Battie.

The magic actually have a post game? and they actually have strong d? Crazy.

It's like a complete 180 from the magic of the past 7 seasons.

But, I think about 5 games or more that we won are less than 6 points or less, I am not sure if we are just lucky at the last minute or we are good.

Disregarding the JJ comment, how many points do you think professional teams should beat each other by? The Magic were 9 point underdogs against Seattle, and beat them by 10 and they were (I believe) in first place in the West.

the magic are only averaging about a 5 point differential between winning and losing in the first 16 games they have played. they lead the league in a number of different categories including lowest number of points allowed per game and they are 2nd in defense on the floor. Howard is only getting better, and i'm sure we'll see his first 30 point game this season. If anyone needs to sell some tickets let me know!!!

When are we gonna see JJ Reddick? I want to see if this guy can light it up from the 3 point line. If he does that and we have a good post game and Nelson and Arroyo driving to the basket, you can forget about it. We will then have a complete team that could get a few championships.

When are we gonna see JJ Reddick? I want to see if this guy can light it up from the 3 point line. If he does that and we have a good post game and Nelson and Arroyo driving to the basket, you can forget about it. We will then have a complete team that could get a few championships.

Im correcting my own error, Seattle was not in first place, I was thinking of Utah 2 nights before.

JJ played last Saturday against Atlanta. The place went crazy when he got in, and was yelling "We want Reddick" throughout most of the 2nd half. He came, he shot, he scored.

Im correcting my own error, Seattle was not in first place, I was thinking of Utah 2 nights before.

JJ played last Saturday against Atlanta. The place went crazy when he got in, and was yelling "We want Reddick" throughout most of the 2nd half. He came, he shot, he scored.

i'm pissed i missed that.

The real turnaround for this team happend last year when they traded for Carlos Arroyo & Darko. I think they won like 16 of the last 22 games after that trade and that helped their confidence into this season. They needed a natural point guard really bad and Darko has helped too.

Possibly more significant than obtaining Darko, Arroyo or Ariza was releasing Francis and Cato. Getting rid of Francis was pivotal in turning the team around. It's cliche, but Otis Smith's moves last season were all about addition by subtraction.

Archived