The Orlando Magic Thread

bic

Do u think we can make the playoff this year?

We had a very interesting line-up last night (future starting lineup). It was VERY EXCITING ...

PG - Nelson

SG - JJ

SF - Ariza

PF - Howard

C - Darko

In the future (off bench):

1. G, SF - Hill (creates mismatches as G)

2. SF - Hedo

2. PG - Arroyo

3. G - T. Diener

4. C - Battie

5. G - K. Dooling

Trade Bait: Hedo, Diener, Battie, Bogans.

When I saw that lineup i suggested last night .. it brought excitement to the floor. I cant wait until Darko and Howard start together.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we have been back into the swing of things finally winning our last four

so im hoping we continue on this roll

I can see us winning ideally winning at least 3 of the next four

that would really start to put us in good position

on a side note, if you guys ever care to meet any of the magic players, The cheesecake factory in winter park village is a top destination for many of the players, infact in the past 2 weeks iv seen 2 of them in there later at night including D howard. its was interesting looking up at him. but yea just throwing that out there ;)

I got the chance to meet Dwight Howard on saturday at the central florida gun show, he was buying a barett .50 sniper rifle. It was the day after the big win over the Bobcats, when I walked up to him I said Emeka who? and he laughed, hes real down to earth real cool guy.

As far as the next four games I think we can win all except Phoenix, cuz its the 2nd of a back to back, this road trip is not as bad as the last, only four games and one back to back with 2 days between the 3rd and fourth game, GO MAGIC!!!

I got the chance to meet Dwight Howard on saturday at the central florida gun show, he was buying a barett .50 sniper rifle. It was the day after the big win over the Bobcats, when I walked up to him I said Emeka who? and he laughed, hes real down to earth real cool guy.

As far as the next four games I think we can win all except Phoenix, cuz its the 2nd of a back to back, this road trip is not as bad as the last, only four games and one back to back with 2 days between the 3rd and fourth game, GO MAGIC!!!

haha yea

its always a good thing to see our stars out buying guns at the local gun shows :whistling:

but yea, he is a super cool guy, I remember he started singing happy bday to the kid in the table next to him

lest see how these next 4 go, GO MAGIC!

What is your prediction of the next 4 games?

vs Golden State

vs Lakers

vs Sun

vs NO/OKC

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It all depends on tonight. These games are against high scoring teams. Our defense has stepped up over the past several games. I think we can run with the best of them, we shall see if we slow it down or run and gun.

2 of 4 would be a success.

No doubt they looked good, but G.S. turned the ball over a lot. The Magic have to learn to capitalize on those opportunities a bit better. And make some damn free throws, they are atrocious from the line. This Lakers team should give us some trouble as I think they are coming off of 3 (maybe 2) real tough losses, putting a big bulls eye on our back.

Good to see Dwight breaking 30 pts/game lately. I never thought of him as a guy that would do that consistently, but who knows? Bic what do you think? Is 30 pts/game the new Dwight?

No doubt they looked good, but G.S. turned the ball over a lot. The Magic have to learn to capitalize on those opportunities a bit better. And make some damn free throws, they are atrocious from the line. This Lakers team should give us some trouble as I think they are coming off of 3 (maybe 2) real tough losses, putting a big bulls eye on our back.

Good to see Dwight breaking 30 pts/game lately. I never thought of him as a guy that would do that consistently, but who knows? Bic what do you think? Is 30 pts/game the new Dwight?

Dwight was throwing the ball DOWN last night. I thought he was collecting for a charity by doing a Dunk-a-Thon.

Magic lost forward Trevor Ariza 46.8 seconds before halftime with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee. - NOT GOOD. And I believe Turk is just sick.

Sprained was just the inital diagnosis. He's having an MRI today, which will determine if it is in fact just a sprain, or if it's torn. Let's all hope it is just a sprain. This kid is damn good. His game is very Pippen-esque, he can do a little bit of everything and is extremely athletic. If he can improve his shot and be more confident in it, the sky is the limit on him.

Please be a sprain, please be a sprain....

I don't think it's realistic for Dwight to average 30 points per game anytime soon, as much as I'd love to see that. D12's actually been extremely consistent with his scoring seeing that he averages over 17 a game and it has taken him this long to finally crack 30-- that's actually pretty difficult to do. Most scrubs in the NBA are able to drop 30 on a freakishly good night (usually against the Magic) so it's almost a little sad that it has taken "the next great big man" 3 seasons to do this. Charlie Villanueva blew up for 47 points last season in his rookie year.

But it's not all Dwight's fault that it has taken him this long..much of the blame lies on the system that the Magic run. Hey, we're winning, so I'm not complaining, but it's not conducive to stat inflation. The Magic attempt the fewest amount of field goals per game, resulting in a pretty efficient offensive game aside from the turnovers. Furthermore, they happen to be one of the best defensive teams in the league, holding opponents to just 91.3 ppg (best in the East, third overall). There just aren't as many opportunities for offensive rebounds/putbacks or possessions as there would be if the Magic ran all the time like Phoenix. The Suns average 17 ppg more than the Magic and many more possessions, providing the team with the opportunity for higher averages in all statistical categories. It actually says a lot about Dwight's abilities to be able to lead the league in rebounds while playing in such a grind-em-out style of game. Put Howard on a team like Phoenix or Golden State and he'd probably be averaging 20+/15 right now.

Add to that the fact that the Magic are a pretty balanced team with several guys who are capable of picking up the slack and being able to shoot the lights out on any given night. While Dwight is obviously our #1 guy, our offense isn't always run like he is. Our shoot-first point guards frequently look past Howard and opt for their own shot or give it to guys like GHill, Turk, Dooling, etc. who can create their own shots and blow up offensively. We're a bit like the Detroit Pistons in that no single player is completely dominant on offense and several players share the load. The fact that the Magic were the last team this season to have a player score 30 points is a testament to this.

All of this is not to say that Dwight can't average 30. He already has been having 25 point nights without a polished offensive game, no jump shot whatsoever, and poor free throw shooting. If Dwight had made all of his free throws last night, he would have had 37....pretty impressive. The guy's also just 21 and won't be entering his prime for another 4-6 years. That's a looong time for him to improve. He had 30/25 last night without even having an astounding game. I know 40/30 sounds crazy but he was only 10 points and 5 rebounds away from that last night. That's verrrrry reasonable, especially if he was involved in an overtime or multiple overtime game. At this rate, I would say that 25/15 are realistic averages for him at some point down the road-- possibly more.

Archived