The Orlando Magic Thread

bic

anyone ever notice the magic use the nashville skyline as a backdrop on some of their screen shots between timeouts ...that really irks me

Thats funny, I thought I was the only one that ever noticed that. I think it might have to do with the Papa Johns sponsorship?? I believe they might be from that area??

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone ever notice the magic use the nashville skyline as a backdrop on some of their screen shots between timeouts ...that really irks me

It's My65 that does it, I don't know if the Magic have any control of it. It riles me too. What's wrong with our skyline?

When we played against Lakers and Phoenix, even though we lost, you can still tell that Magic is a good team just by looking the way they played. When they played against NO/OKC & Wizards & Nets, you can clearly see that they played awful and deserved to lose.

I was at the game Friday against the Wizards. One thing I noticed, which I have noticed a lot this season but it really stood out in that game, was how poor the Magic are with the ball. I don't mean direct turnovers necessarily; I mean this on a more fundamental level. They are not a good "hands" team. If you watch, you'll see they frequently bobble or mishandle potential rebounds, which ultimately go to the opposing team. They really need to work on grabbing the ball securely while in the air. It sounds silly and high schoolish, but it's a problem. Too many rebounds are getting away that shouldn't be.

On offense, they frequently get careless with the dribble or make poor passes that get tipped around. While these events don't always result in turnovers, they create sloppy awkward offensive sequences which usually result in bad shots - which aren't much better than turnovers.

Another thing I noticed was poor boxing-out on the defensive boards all around, Dwight included. The Wizards grabbed god-knows-how-many offensive boards without so much as a body being put on them by any of the Magic players. And lastly, Darko has a horrible tendency to bring the ball down too low, which it then promptly gets stripped by opposing guards sagging down into the lane.

These are straight fundamental issues and for whatever reason they don't seem to be garnering much attention from the coaching staff, which concerns me. I really like Brian Hill. But if he is not making adjustments and having the team work on strengthening these weaknesses, there is a problem there. There's a lot of talent on this team. To lose games due to poor fundamentals and not make the appropriate corrections is not acceptable. If they can make some progress in these areas, they'll be back on track.

They need to send Wiener to the CBA. He looks like a kid amongst men. He can barely follow what is going on with defense and looks scared to handle the ball on offense. He may turn into a Mark Price or Jon Stockton, but I don't see it in him. He did have a couple of good games when Nelson was out, but he isn't shooting 3's, he's useless.

Archived