• Dallas
    • Chicago
    • New Orleans
    • Seattle
    • Other

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, some really great playoff football played this weekend!!!

How crazy in the NFC BOTH scores this weekend were exactly the same 27-24 with the Saints and Bears winning. (Saints beat Eagles earlier in year also 27-24) And another game; Chargers and Patriots also being decided by a field goal(24-21).

Last weeks NFC games were 21-20 and 23-20.

That was all nonsense and sour grapes. Maybe Tomlinson (I'll never call him "LT") should ask Merriman to stop doing a ridiculous dance every time he farts in the right direction. He has absolutely no footing to criticize a team for mimicking something his team uses to mock other teams. I think he proved who was really classless...

The whole Tomlinson thing was sour grapes in my opinion as well. As for Merriman telling Jason Taylor to grab some popcorn and watch him in the playoffs, hopefully Taylor has some left over so both of them can watch the games together this weekend :)

Tomlinson said the Pats aren't classy? That's pretty funny and absurd. He was just mad because his team lost. No big deal.

It's another thing he has in common with my guy, Shaun Alexander. They are both great backs known for having a good(not mouthy anyway) attitude. They both have great career numbers. They have had almost identical seasons...the last two...with TD records, 1800 yards, rushing titles and an MVP. Their teams both had ten game winning streaks and 'home field throughout' in those seasons and lost in the playoffs...Seattle in the SB and SD in the first round.

And they both said something stupid they no doubt wish they could have back. Tomlinson with this nonsense about the Pats and Shaun a couple years back said 'I feel like I've been stabbed in the back' when Holmgren called a QB sneak instead of a run which resulted in Shaun's loss of the rushing record for that year...by one yard.

If Tomlinson is on the cover of Madden next year, suffers an injury and has a terrible year as a result, and Alexander throws for a couple TDs...we'll know they are cosmic twins.

Lastly, let me say that Alexander's comment was far worse than Tomlinson's. Tomlinson was mad about a loss while Alexander was mad about personal stats in a game his team won. Still, I both comments were spur of the moment and bratty.

Also, this is a comparison of situations and not running styles...LT and SA are different running backs.

I was in San Diego this weekend and it was pretty depressing. They had banners all over the city (including two huge ones on the county admin building), everyone was wearing Chargers stuff, the news showed people getting bolt tattoos.

The city felt like it had had the wind knocked out of it on Sunday night.

I say Saints v Patriots. The Saints will then be blown out of the water. Think Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV.

Archived