General Memphis Photos, Past and Present

Rardy

Where exactly were you, and how do I get there!?

Get on I-55 bridge and get off the first exit after the bridge in Arkansas. As you get off the highway take a left under the highway. Its called Dacus Lake Rd. It goes under the bridge and to fields. I don't know exactly where he was but if you need more help. Consult google earth.

Get on I-55 bridge and get off the first exit after the bridge in Arkansas. As you get off the highway take a left under the highway. Its called Dacus Lake Rd. It goes under the bridge and to fields. I don't know exactly where he was but if you need more help. Consult google earth.

Yeah thats pretty much where i went. I was suprised though because i saw a bunch of no trespassing signs, and i had to park my car in a pretty shady location and walk down to the river. It seems like such a nice spot would have easier access or some kind of park or viewing area...it would be a great place to watch the fireworks on july 4.

Heres a couple other shots.

35n10m9.jpg

4hmms1v.jpg

I've ridden those trolleys on visits. That red one near the top of your pictures and a greeen one. So reasonable to get around town in. The last time we were there has been several years, 09/10/01 to be exact. One day before 9/11. There was a mild earthquake that ruptured an underground water main and flooded some federal building. We were walking downtown under some granite looking 20 floor or so building and when someone told us there had just been an earthquake we got out from in front of that tower even though it was a mild one. Didn't want our skulls caved in by falling granite.

They also shut the trolley system down because they couldn't risk the weight of those trolleys rolling over where the flooding water had eroded the ground beneath the tracks.

The next day 9/11 happened and we forgot all about that earthquake.

^ I realize you are shooting with a D50. What equipment are you using in conjunction with that? Lens types?? You do a good job capturing different perspective. I am impressed.

I use the D80 (Sigma 28-70 and 70-300 lenses) for all my stuff, that is why I am asking about your lenses. I am possibly going to take a plunge with the tax refund and get a new wideangle lens.

Edited by Lexy

Thanks. I really like your nashville pics.

I have the D50 with the kit nikkor 18-55 lens, so i was using that for a little while. I just got the VR Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G and i really like it so far. I wanted one lens that i could use all the time, and the 18-200 can cover a lot. Only other equipment i have is a tripod and circular polarizer.

Edited by otacon

Thanks. I really like your nashville pics.

I have the D50 with the kit nikkor 18-55 lens, so i was using that for a little while. I just got the VR Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G and i really like it so far. I wanted one lens that i could use all the time, and the 18-200 can cover a lot. Only other equipment i have is a tripod and circular polarizer.

Hey thanks alot. Memphis has been in need of a good photogrpaher like yourself for quite sometime (not that anyone is bad...but good equipment and a good eye produce magical pictures). Wayyyyyyy too many things to take pictures of down there!! LOL!!!

Good setup! Have you considered selling any of your pics? I bet you could make a decent amount of side-cash off some. I recently closed a deal for $700 for my pics to get used in a book about Nashville. To me, that makes this (which is basically a part-time at will hobby) all worth it!! Great job though. I hope to see more.

Edited by Lexy