Rardy

General Memphis Photos, Past and Present

Let's keep this focused on sharing and discussing Memphis photos. I'm not opposed to a civil Memphis/Nashville debate, but this isn't the place.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, dxfret said:

No negativity towards Memphis but these are two vastly different cities.  Catching up with Nashville simply is not going to happen.   By every measure (economy, corporate, employment, education, tourism, conventions, etc.) Nashville is light years ahead.   Nashville and it’s MSA is one the nation’s fastest-growing cities, while the Memphis MSA remains stagnant and the city of Memphis has a declining population.  

DXFret,

Everybody posting on this board knows all this. So for you (or me or anybody) to note it ... not necessary. A lot of Nashvillians (myself included) are pulling for Memphis to make a comeback. You might be too as you have said some positive things about both the Sterrick and 100 North Main buildings.

VSRJ and Memphis4Ever are doing a strong job of providing us with updated info and I would politely ask that we all stay positive. This is not Nashville vs. Charlotte, where the playful one-upsmanship and "mild trash talking" can be both fun and even productive. This is Memphis, a city that has suffered and is now making a solid comeback.

I ask that we keep this very positive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1