Rardy

Memphis Pictures

Haven't had any new pics in awhile! We need to get things going again! Here a few random ones to kick things back off in this thread.

Luckily I have some free time and can post some pictures now again for awhile. Hopefully other folks have some pics stashed away as well and can share! :D

2129677077_d652d3b4c4.jpg

2130354026_2a87798f6b.jpg

2130410542_4c92b8c7f5.jpg

I have a bunch of pictures I can put on, but I keep forgetting to or I want to do something else. Hopefully, I will get the urge to put some on here again. :ermm:

Edited by Fellowmann20

Absolutely fantastic pics. Of course I especially like those terrific trolley scene pics, although I find the fireman pic very compelling as a unique image of a moment in time in the life of the city.

The lighting in all the pics added a lot IMO as well.

Great job all around. Hope to see more from time to time.

Thanks guys. I have a nikon d50 with a 18-200mm lens. I shot them in raw format and then tonemapped them in photomatix...then a little post work in paint shop pro.

Wow, those were awesome! The last trolley shot and the one with the fire trucks were the coolest. The lighting was perfect and they all looked so professional.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Took this pic passing thru from Louisiana to Arkansas....pretty cool the Pyramid would be re-used to become a Bass Pro :thumbsup:

june15%20008_zpswwuph4b5.jpg

• Like 2

I should make it back down to Memphis. All my memories of it are of such a dingy city, but it looks like it's slowly pulling itself back together a little bit from the basket case it used to be.

Edited by Nathan_in_DC

Memphis suffers from very bad civic/government leadership.  It has a reputation for corruption and crime... whether true or not. 

• Like 2

I'm late, but why did they turn the pyramid into a bass pro shop?? so stupid there's one of i-40. Should of built a indoor theme/water park or something idk...smh

Anyway, I found a great pic of the memphis skyline. This is honestly the best pic of memphis I ever seen. Looks better than any nashville skyline pic i seen and that says alot.

Memphis-BEST-panorama-1600.jpg

• Like 4

100 North Main, the tallest building in Memphis, is completely empty, falling apart and dark in the above skyline photo.  Planned redevelopment work there has never materialized.  Also, the Sterrick Building, one of the other tallest buildings, has been empty and falling apart for more than a decade.  In fact, there has been little change in the profile of the downtown Memphis skyline in the past 20 years.

Edited by dxfret