American Apparel

J0e

The American Apparel store downtown is finally open. I haven't been, but I do plan to go this weekend. It seems to be in an odd location but then again it fits with its attitude and I suppose the company wants to take advantage of tourists? But some people may be surprised because their clothes are "basic" but the prices aren't. Any thoughts of any other clothiers opening downtown locations?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shop at the American Apparel here in Ann Arbor sometimes. It's a great place to pick up fashionable and high quality basics outside of places like Urban Outfitters and the mall stores. They sell a number of solid colored items with great fits that are perfect for layering.

The store has an edgy, urban athletic vibe that's very L.A. so I'd imagine it'll be a unique experience for the typical young adult in Nashville first visiting one.

And if you wanna be technical, American Apparel stores are TRULY Urban Outfitters in the sense that they only open stores in urban locales, unlike Urban Outfitters, which is just a store that sells "urban" clothes.

Archived