Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLBrain

Rumored 30 Story Office Tower DT

19 posts in this topic

Well at first I thought it was Bass, Berry, but it's up the hill and over a block from that site. I have no idea, but isn't this the same land that Streuver wanted to put a building on with the baseball park development?

Sometimes the maps are in a general location rather than an exact location. This could very well be the BBS building.

Sometimes the maps are in a general location rather than an exact location. This could very well be the BBS building.

I want to see them break ground before I get excited about it - LOL. Too many activists want to save those "historic areas" which always turn out to be cinderblock boxes or surface parking lots for me to get many hopes up.

This historic area is a parking lot. Bass Barry and Sims have a lot of clout in this town and the State. I would expect it to happen. This also falls within the guidlines of the new Planning Commision plan for expanding the CBD.

the map that is used on the link, ironically is beside a blank surface lot. raises a few eyebrows on my end of the spectrum, but all in all, it does sound like BBS

the map that is used on the link, ironically is beside a blank surface lot. raises a few eyebrows on my end of the spectrum, but all in all, it does sound like BBS

I have read that the property along the Gateway Blvd. b/n 2 and 8th (when that leg is completed) is already zoned for 30-story towers. I don't want to put words into anyone's mouth, but I believe that came from Michael Hayes.

Reed, does it look like the proposal is on the property that was bought by Tower Properties. If it's behind the CMHoF, then that's part of their land. Tower's chief in N'ville was quoted as saying that they'd be able to go with something that complements a new CC or go in a completely different direction.

Are you talking about the activity in the vacant lot behind the Country Music Hall of Fame?

What's going on back there?

If this is the BBS building it is way off on the map. Wrong side of Broadway, If it is a new development there is that parking lot right next door to the area indicated on the map and acrros the street I believe is a parking garage.

I can't see the accompanying map, but don't you mean wrong side of Demonbreun? The maps aren't indicating that this building would go north of Broad, are they?

I have read that the property along the Gateway Blvd. b/n 2 and 8th (when that leg is completed) is already zoned for 30-story towers. I don't want to put words into anyone's mouth, but I believe that came from Michael Hayes.

Reed, does it look like the proposal is on the property that was bought by Tower Properties. If it's behind the CMHoF, then that's part of their land. Tower's chief in N'ville was quoted as saying that they'd be able to go with something that complements a new CC or go in a completely different direction.

I can't see the accompanying map, but don't you mean wrong side of Demonbreun? The maps aren't indicating that this building would go north of Broad, are they?

Is this the parking lot in question? If so, a 30-story tower may seem out of character right there considering the character of the surrounding area.

nash_8636.jpg

As we've learned in the past... the maps available freely on bidclerk don't represent the actual location of the project. They are just sample maps. To get the real maps, you normally have to be a bidclerk subscriber. Does anyone have a subscription?

Its the Bass, Berry and Sims building. The building is 28 occupied floors and 2 parking floors with approximately 250 spaces each. That gives you 30 floors. A lot of time floor counts include fllors of mechanical and parking floors.

There are some early renderings in the thread for this tower, but we haven't seen any renderings recently, after they announced that there would be a change in the design.