Should mayor nagin step down

eastover neworleans

What I fail to understand is why so many people appear to be willing to give Nagin another chance. It should be readily apparent is that he has failed at his rebuilding efforts, however well-intentioned they may have been. New Orleans must have competent leadership in order to survive. Said leadership is not visible in City Hall or the Governor's mansion. New Orleans is at an important crossroads and the business-as-usual tactics that have served the city in the past won't bring the city back from the brink. It's all very well and good to have Trump's Ionic Breeze tower and a Four Seasons, but these projects aren't going to inject life into the city as a whole. There seems to be no plan whatsoever- either a workable one or an unworkable one. Merely lots of....nothing... emerging from the city planners.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Orleans was hit with a devastating blow and could have used the adversity to build an even better city, come back even better than before. The opportunity has been squandered by a disgusting lack of leadership. What I can't understand is why Nagin was re-elected in the first place. He fell apart when the flooding hit, yet the citizens re-elect him???

New Orleans was hit with a devastating blow and could have used the adversity to build an even better city, come back even better than before. The opportunity has been squandered by a disgusting lack of leadership. What I can't understand is why Nagin was re-elected in the first place. He fell apart when the flooding hit, yet the citizens re-elect him???

There's no vision, no purpose, no nothing. It's like leaders are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, not knowing what to do, what move to make, etc. I'm all for what's taking place with the projects, new companies coming to New Orleans and so on but at the same time, you haven't heard anything about what's going on with the 9th Ward, how the rebuilding process is going in that area, etc. City officials have their priorities out of whack. Come to think of it, Louisiana has no one to blame but ourselves. Most of us know they aren't doing their jobs and yet by re-electing them, that sends a message that they can half-step and it will be accepted. City and state leaders need to step their game up, and it's our job as citizens to make sure they do so. When it all comes down to it, we have the power to vote these clowns out :thumbsup: I'm now stepping off my soapbox.

Archived