Economic Troubles Ahead?

Yankee.Peddler

The Courant had a good piece today on a CERC report recently released that predicts serious economic troubles for Connecticut unless the state immediately works on improving its cities (especially urban school systems) and the overall business environment.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-cerc120...dlines-business

CERC is arguably the state's strongest think tank on economic policy. I was disappointed to learn (as stated in the article) that this report received very little attention from the General Assembly and, presumably, the Governor.

My biggest concern for Connecticut has been and continues to be that the state's leaders lack a long-term vision. I also think many of them live in a state of denial or ignorance about the troubling business and demographic trends occuring in cities, suburbs, and rural areas alike. Unless action is taken to better integrate the state, improve its infrastructure, and improve its business climate, Connecticut (along with some of its New England neighbors) will fast become the sad economic backwater of the U.S.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Courant had a good piece today on a CERC report recently released that predicts serious economic troubles for Connecticut unless the state immediately works on improving its cities (especially urban school systems) and the overall business environment.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-cerc120...dlines-business

CERC is arguably the state's strongest think tank on economic policy. I was disappointed to learn (as stated in the article) that this report received very little attention from the General Assembly and, presumably, the Governor.

My biggest concern for Connecticut has been and continues to be that the state's leaders lack a long-term vision. I also think many of them live in a state of denial or ignorance about the troubling business and demographic trends occuring in cities, suburbs, and rural areas alike. Unless action is taken to better integrate the state, improve its infrastructure, and improve its business climate, Connecticut (along with some of its New England neighbors) will fast become the sad economic backwater of the U.S.

Archived