Ladies and gentlemen for your viewing pleasure - the Buttugly Building

beerbeer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I miss the bus, I often park across the street from this building. It's not hurting anyone and causes no problems. There is absolutely no reason to demolish this building. If anything it should be mothballed, if its possible after this much time.

If this building wasn't there, people would probably get vertigo from traveling through so many parking lots in the area. It's also a landmark. Without it, after you leave downtown you'll feel like you're going into outerspace.

If I miss the bus, I often park across the street from this building. It's not hurting anyone and causes no problems. There is absolutely no reason to demolish this building. If anything it should be mothballed, if its possible after this much time.

If this building wasn't there, people would probably get vertigo from traveling through so many parking lots in the area. It's also a landmark. Without it, after you leave downtown you'll feel like you're going into outerspace.

Hmmm...

Mikel, Are you smoking some FUNNY WEED? There is no REASON to tear down this building? Excuse me, do you own that building? IF NOT, the building owners can TEAR IT DOWN. A Landmark? Yes, it is a LANDMARK -- how a thriving business can be RUINED by THEIVES! Only in your warped mind does that building have any value! It would cost more to RENOVATE it and upgrade the code to ADA specs. If it was an office building, it would be upgraded to CLASS F.

Mikel, do me a favor -- keep posting. You are COMIC RELIEF!!

JimS

While I rarely agree with Mikel, it must be noted that at least he provides the forum with a devil's advocate who provides actual support for his arguments. Your posts never make any sense. Honestly, 3rd graders have a greater concept of writing and general coherance than you have. The fact that you think Mikel provides, "comic relief" is itself comic relief. I especially like the constant, CAPITALIZATION of EVERY other WORD! As if that helps translate your posts into English! :wacko:

It probably costs more to tear it down than the revenue that would be generated from making it a parking lot. No doubt there is asbestos in there, so they let it sit. Besides, there is plenty of other prime real estate sitting undeveloped in Hartford lacking any private investment interest.

Archived